- Medical and Radiology Training at University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg.
- Consultant Radiologist at Baragwanath Hospital (Johannesburg).
- Started up Paediatric radiology department.
- Fellowship at Westmead Children’s Hospital,Sydney in paediatric radiology.
- Worked as Radiologist in UK, Saudi Arabia and South Africa.
- Spent time in Paediatric Neuroradiology department at Great Ormond Street Hospital, London.
- Paediatric Radiologist and Partner at Bayradiology Practice based in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
- Actively involved in WFPI radiology outreach projects.
- Paediatric Radiology Reviewer for multiple radiology journals.
Abdel Karim Hassan
Abdulkarim Al Zabidi
Abdel Monem Nooman
Abdlla Mousa Saleh Alblaushi
Abdulhameed Al Awadhi
Abdulkarim Al Abidi
Abdullah Al Remaithi
AbdulQader Al Zarouni
- Internalship training in Al-AinHospital, Al-Ain UAE 1993-1994
- Zayed Military Hospital-Department of Surgery 1995-1999
- Postgraduate study in University of Bonn –department of Urology, Bonn-Germany 1999-2003
- Consultant Urologist, Zayed Military hospital-Department of Urology
- Member of Military medical board between 2003 to 2010
- Head of Surgical department in Zayed military hospital between 2010 to 2011
- Retired Colonel from UAE Army 1/2011
- Consultant urologist in NMC hospital abudhabi from 3/2011 until 10/2011.
- Consultant UROLOGIST in Zayed military hospital from 10/2011 until 2/2013
- Consultant Urologist & Head of department In Shaik Khalifa General Hospital Umm Al Quwain UAE
- Member in Urologist Exam Panel In HAAD – AbuDhabi
- Member in Urologist Exam Panel in Ministry of health- UAE
- Member in Peer Review Committee in DHCC – Dubai
- Dr. Sheikh is an Associate professor of -radiology at the University of Ottawa, Canada. He is the Director of Advanced Musculoskeletal interventions and Section head and fellowship Director of Emergency radiology at the Ottawa Hospital. Dr. Sheikh received his medical school and radiology specialist training from India and completed fellowships in Musculoskeletal imaging and Emergency Trauma imaging from the University of British Columbia before coming on staff at The Ottawa Hospital in 2005. His clinical interests are functional musculoskeletal imaging, Bone and Soft tissue tumor imaging, MSK intervention and Emergency/Trauma imaging.
Adriana Velazquez Berumen
Ahmad Hafez Afifi
Ahmed A. Khalekh A.Razek
Ahmed Abou Al Fotouh
Ahmed El Dory
- Dr. El-Sherief is a radiologist, with subspecialization in thoracic and cardiac imaging, who practices at the Cleveland Clinic. He has trained at the University of California Los Angeles, the University of Rochester, and the Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Dr. El-Sherief has authored and co-authored many manuscripts and electronic educational exhibits. He has given lectures at national meetings, such as the Society of Thoracic Radiology. He has taught, trained, and mentored many physicians and non-physician health-care providers from all over the world.
Ahmed Emad Mahfouz
- Professor Ahmed-Emad Mahfouz, MD, FRCR
- Professor of Radiology, Cairo University, Consultant Radiologist, Hamad Medical Corporation, Doha, Qatar, and Associate Professor of Radiology, Weil Cornell Medical College in Qatar.
- Graduated from Cairo University in 1983. Received postgraduate training in Radiology at Cairo University, Egypt, Free University and Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany, and University of Paris, France.
- Has published many articles and book chapters in Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Abdominal Imaging.
Ahmed Essam Kharabish
- Oct 2011 to present:
Tenure-Track Investigator, Biomedical and Metabolic Imaging Branch, NIDDK, National Institutes of Health.
- Nov 2005 to Oct 2011:
Staff Clinician, Biomedical and Metabolic Imaging Branch, NIDDK, National Institutes of Health.
- Jan 2005 to Oct 2005:
Staff Radiologist, Diagnostic Radiology Department, NIH.
- July 2003 to Dec 2004:
Imaging Science Training Program fellow, NIH. Projects involving Molecular Imaging.
- July 2002 to June 2003:
Fellow/Instructor in Cross Sectional Imaging, Johns Hopkins Hospital. Coverage of Cardiac, Musculoskeletal and Abdominal MRI, Ultrasound, and CT.
- July 1999 to June 2002:
Resident in Diagnostic Radiology, University of Louisville.
- July 1998 to June 1999:
Resident in Nuclear Medicine and Nuclear Cardiology, University of Washington. Served as Co-Chief Resident.
- July 1997 to June 1998:
Internship in Internal Medicine at the University of Washington.
- Aug. 1995 to June 1997:
Research Assistant in Chest Imaging. Department of Radiology, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington.
- Mar. 94 to Feb 95:
House Officer (Intern) at Alexandria University Hospital, Egypt.
Ahmed Raouf Elsayad
- Current Job: Consultant of orthopedic department, Zayed Military Hospital, Abu Dhabi, UAE January 2012 – Present
- Head Of Orthopedics, Zayed Military Hospital, Abu Dhabi, UAE, September 2008 – January 2012.
- Orthopedic consultant, Zayed Military Hospital 2005-20082
Zayed Military is the most important hospital in the UAE army. Covering both the army’s personnel and their families. It is a modern hospital with the most up-to-date facilities and equipment. It is well recognized nationally and internationally. As part in the UAE army, we deal with both civilian and military casualty. As part of our humanitarian relief efforts, Zayed Hospital is involved in treating casualties from disaster stricken areas around the world, like, Pakistan earthquake and Iraq war. My unit is one of four units, each run by Orthopedic Consultant, Orthopedic Specialist and two residents. My team, in addition to dealing with our trauma share, I have special interest in Pediatric, Orthopedic and Spinal surgery.
- Orthopedic Surgeon, Al-Mousa Medical Center, Dubai, UAE, December 2004 – September 2005
- Community Orthopedic Surgeon, American Hospital of Dubai, Dubai, UAE, December 2004 – September 2005
- Locum Orthopedic Consultant, Russell’s Hall Hospital, Dudley, UK, 1998-2004
A regular commitment during the summer months which is part of an initiative to cut down on the waiting lists in Arthroplasty (both for hips and knees) and Arthroscopic surgery.
- Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon, Abu El-Rish Hospital , Cairo, Egypt, 1998 – 2004
Abu El-Rish Hospital is one of the busiest hospitals for pre school children and school aged children in Egypt. It is a tertiary referral hospital for children with congenital and acquired orthopedic problem and has 400 beds. I dealt with most of the pediatric orthopedic problems.
- Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon, El-Hilal Orthopedic Institute Cairo, Egypt, 1998-2004
A prestigious hospital in Cairo with a capacity of 230 beds specializing solely for orthopedic surgery. I was in charge of the Arthoplasty and Arthroscopy unit.
- I also worked in several private hospitals which are known to offer high quality medical care in the private sector (1998-2004):
- El Nozha International Hospital
- Cairo Medical Center
- Wady El Neel Hospital
- Green Crescent Hospital
- Spinal Fellow, Spinal Disorder Unit Keel University, June 1997 – June 1998 (Please refer to Academic Posts in U.K)
Ran by: Dr. Stephen Eisenstein MD FRCS
- Orthopedic Consultant, National Insurance Hospital, Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt, 1993 – June 1997
- Pediatric Orthopedic Fellow, Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopedic Hospital, Oswestry, 1992 – 1993 (Please refer to Academic Posts in U.K)
- Locum Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon, Russell’s Hall Hospital & Corbett Hospital, November 1990 – June 1992
- Acting Senior Registrar, Russell’s Hall Hospital & Corbett Hospital, 1 August 1989 – 30 November 1990 (Please refer to Post Fellowship Orthopedic Experience)
- Orthopedic Registrar, Corbett Hospital, STOURBRIDGE, 1 August 1988 – 31 July 1989 (Please refer to Post Fellowship Orthopedic Experience)
- Orthopedic Registrar, Russell’s Hall Hospital, Dudley, 1 August 1987 – 31 July 1988 (Please refer to Post Fellowship Orthopedic Experience)
- Vascular & General Surgical Registrar, Morriston Hospital Swansea, 1 February 1987 – 31 July 1987 (Please refer to Post Fellowship Surgical Experience)
- Urology Registrar, Morriston Hospital Swansea, 1 August 1986 – 31 January 1987
Ran by: Mr. K. Voughton FRCS
Mr. M. Rose FRCS
- Surgical Registrar, Singleton Hospital Swansea, 1 February 1986 – 31 July 1986
Ran by: Mr. Winsey FRCS
Mr. J. Mitchell FRCS
- Neurosurgical Registrar, Morrison Hospital Swansea, 1 August 1985 – 31 January 1986
Ran by: Mr. T. P. Wilson FRCS
Mr. I Cast FRCS
- Surgical Registrar, Singleton Hospital Swansea, 1 August 1984 – 31 July 1985
Ran by: Mr. M. C. Mason FRCS
Mr. T. Waters FRCS
- Senior House Officer Orthopedics, Morriston Hospital Swansea, 1 August 1983 – 31 July 1984
Ran by: Mr. J. P. Matthews FRCS (Hand Surgery)
Mr. E. M. Downes FRCS (Pediatric Orthopedics)
Mr. D. A. Jones FRCS (Spinal Surgery & Scoliosis)
Mr. D. M. Davies FRCS (Joint Replacement Knees & Hips)
- Senior House Officer Orthopedics, Royal Liverpool Hospital Liverpool,1 November 1982 – 31 July 1983
Ran by: Professor R. Owen M. Ch, FRCS
Mr. J. Osborn M. Ch, FRCS
- Senior House Officer Orthopedics, Heliopolis General Hospital Cairo, 1 March 1981 – 31 October 1982
Ran by: Professor Hifnie M CH & FRCS, Professor of Orthopedics, Ain Shams University
Mr. S Wahba FRCS & M. Ch, Liverpool, Assistant Professor of Orthopedics, Ain Shams University
- Senior House Officer Orthopaedics, El-Hilmia Militry Hospital, Cairo, 1 March 1980 – 28 February 1981
Ran by: Dr. Adel Shaheen FRCS
Dr. Galal Abd El Hamed FRCS. M. Ch, Liverpool
- House Officer internship, El Sahel Teaching Hospital Cairo, 1 September 1979 – 29 February 1980
- House Officer internship, Ain Shams University Hospital Cairo, 1 March 1979 – 30 August 1979
Ahmed Samir Ibrahim
AHMET TUNCAY TURGUT
- Ahmet Tuncay Turgut is Associate Professor of Radiology at Ankara Training and Research Hospital in Ankara, Turkey. He is practicing as urogenital radiology consultant at the Department of Radiology. Dr. Turgut’s research interests include functional imaging of urogenital tumors and development of novel techniques for early detection of urogenital cancers. In particular, he is interested in MRI and ultrasound of prostate cancer and testicular tumors. He has published more than 80 original publications in peer-reviewed journals and has authored more than 20 chapters in several textbooks. He is the Associate Editor of Genitourinary Radiology: The Pathologic Basis, a reference book on genitourinary radiology and pathology. Dr. Turgut also serves as Associate Editor for Journal ofClinical Imaging Science. He has given more than 100 presentations in several meetings. Also, he has been invited as guest speaker for more than 50 lectures in several distinguished scientific meetings. He has been fellow of European Society of Urogenital Radiology since 2006. Also, he was the Chairman of the European Society of Urogenital Radiology (ESUR) 2013 Annual Meeting held in Istanbul, Turkey. Currently, he serves as the founding co-chair for Eurasian Radiology Initiative (EARAD), an international organization aiming to improve the standards of radiology practice by promoting the scientific and professional activities in the field of radiology in this part of the world.
- Alexander Mundinger was born February 15, 1955 in Freiburg, Germany. After his school education in Freiburg he studied Medicine and received accreditation in internal medicine and radiology. His habilitation at the University of Freiburg focussed on MRI and rheumatic disorders. Professor Alexander Mundinger is head of the Department of Radiology at the academic Niels-Stensen Clinics; Marienhospital Osnabrück since October 1995, where he earned a reputation in senology, general radiology and interventional radiology. In addition, Professor Mundinger is director of the Radiological Center of Niels-Stensen-Clinics and head of the Section of Breast Imaging and Minimal Invasive Procedures in the certified Breast Centre Osnabrück located in Franziskus Hospital in Georgsmarienhuette. More than 500 primary breast cancer patients are surgically treated in the Breast Centre Osnabrück every year. He has been active in scientific and teaching programmes nationally and internationally and contributed in the German S-3-guidelines for breast cancer screening. Professor Mundinger has expertise in all imaging modalities of modern breast diagnosis including MR-mammography, and his scientific interests include ultrasound guided minimal invasive techniques, especially vacuum-assisted-biopsies; ultrasound image analysis; breast cancer recurrence; BI-RADS teaching; and interdisciplinary concepts. Professor Mundinger is the Vice President for Europe for the Senologic International Society (SIS). Professor Mundinger held the position of President from 2005 to until the end of 2011 at the International Breast Ultrasound School (IBUS), and continues on the IBUS Executive Council in the capacity of Past President.
Amal Amin Abu El Maati
- Professor Andrea Laghi is Associate Professor of Radiology at ‘Sapienza’ University of Rome and Director of Diagnostic Imaging Unit at I.C.O.T. University Hospital in Latina /IT. His research interests lie in Abdominal Imaging, both Computed Tomography (liver, CT colonography, CT enterography) and Magnetic Resonance (liver and biliary ducts, small and large bowel, contrast media). Prof. Laghi is Honorary Member of SEDIA, the Spanish Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology, since 2011.
- He currently is an Executive Committee member of ESGAR and chairman of the Workshop Committee, Coordinator of ESGAR CT Colonography Hands-on Workshops, member of the ESR Education Committee, member of the Executive Committee and Treasurer of ESOI. He is also member of Future Trends Committee of United European Gastroenterology (UEG) and ESGAR delegate at the general assembly of UEG, and member of Award Committee of RSNA. He serves as reviewer for several journals including European Radiology, Radiology, Investigative Radiology, Gut, Lancet and Gastroenterology. He has been invited to present more than 250 lectures and he is the author of 130 papers on “peer reviewed” journals (IF: 650; H-index: 35) and 8 textbooks. Professor Laghi is member of SIRM, ESR, ESGAR and RSNA
Ann D. King
- Dr Ann King is a Professor at the Chinese University of Hong Kong in the Department of Imaging and Interventional Radiology at the Prince of Wales Hospital. She qualified in the UK in 1984 and joined Radiology in 1988 working in London before moving to Hong Kong in 1995 to join the University. Over the past 18 years she has pursued an interest in head and neck imaging. Her main area of research is MRI of head and neck cancer, with an emphasis on nasopharyngeal carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and lymphoma, together with an interest in functional MRI techniques. She has an M.D in imaging of nasopharyngeal carcinoma, over 150 peer reviewed publications, written book chapters, edited a book on head and neck cancer imaging and lectured at international meetings.
Positions and Honors
- Honorary Member, Japan Neuroradiological Society, 2000
- Distinguished Committee Service Award, American College of Radiology, Commission on Continuous Professional Improvement, Commission on Education, Intersociety Commission – Executive Committee, December 2001
- Distinguished Committee Service Award, American College of Radiology, Commission on Government Relations, September 2002
- Listed in Best Doctors in America for Radiology, 2003-current
- Awarded Gold Medal: American Society of Neuroradiology 2010
- Awarded Gold Medal: American Roentgen Ray Society 2011
License and Certification
- California Medical License, G-14875 ,1968
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners, 1968
- Diplomate, American Board of Radiology (Diagnostic Radiology),1972
- Passed CAQ Examination in Neuroradiology, American Board of Radiology,1995
- Diagnostic Radiology and Neuroradiology Renewal Certificate, ABR ,2005
- American Journal of Neuroradiology, Abstractor, Reviewer and Member, Editorial Advisory Board
- American Journal of Roentgenology, Reviewer and Member, Editorial Advisory Panel 2006 – current
- Gamuts in Radiology, Editorial Board
- Investigative Radiology, Reviewer
- Journal of the American Medical Association, Reviewer
- Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography, Reviewer
- Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Associate Editor, Clinical Reviews
- Lippincott’s Radiology Reviews, Senior Editor
- Radiology-Diagnosis, Imaging, Intervention, Volume 1, Lippincott-Williams & Wilkins, Section Editor
- RadioGraphics, Radiological Society of North America, Reviewer
- Radiology, Radiological Society of North America, Reviewer
- Topics in Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Member, Editorial Board and Special Issue(s) Editor, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- AuntMinnie.com, Editorial Advisory Board, 1999-2000
- ACGME, Reviewer, Program Requirements for Neuroradiology, 1999-2005
- Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, Radiology Loose-leaf and CD, Co-editor sections on Neuroradiology and Head & Neck Radiology
- Chief of the chair of Radiology at the Second University of Naples “Department of Clinical and Experimental Internal Medicine, F. Magrassi – A. Lanzara”
- From 1996 to 2000 President of the Computed Tomography Section of the Italian Society of Medical Radiology (S.I.R.M.)
- From 1996 to 1998 Member of the National Executive Council of the S.I.R.M.
- From 1998 to 2000 National Vice-President of the S.I.R.M.
- From 2000 to 2004 President of the Emergency Radiology Section of the S.I.R.M.
- From 2000 to 2004 Coordinator of the APC-ECM Committee of the S.I.R.M.
- From 2008 to date Member of the Council of Professors of the Department MED 36 at the Second University of Naples.
- From 2004 to 2008 S.I.R.M. Counselor for the Council of Full Professors.
- Chief of the I/II Department of Radiology at the University Hospital, Second University of Naples.
- Director of the Department of Radiology and Radiotherapy of the Second University of Naples.
- Director of the four-year Specialization Course of Radiology at the Second University of Naples.
- President of the S.I.R.M. for the biennium 2010 – 2012.
- Honorary Member of the Korean Society of Radiology from 2011 to date.
- Honorary Member of Sociedad Argentina de Radiologia from 2011 to date.
- Honorary Member of Italian Society of Radiotherapy (AIRO).
- President of the college of full professors of radiology MED 36 from 2014.
- Actually Antonio Rotondo has 352 publications on various scientific journals, 314 lectures and moderations in congresses and/or updating sessions. He has been author and/or contributor in 20 books and/or monographs. This scientific activity covered almost all fields of Radiology, also in the field of Neuroradiology. The applications of Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Oncology were treated, with particular interest for the study of thoracic, abdominal (liver, pancreas and adrenal diseases), gastroenteric and genito-urinary pathology. During the Presidency of the Section of Emergency Radiology, he interested in the training of radiologists on this topic, also producing several scientific papers.
Ao Guo Kun
Arif Nelliyulla Parambath
Ashley Brian Scrimshire
- Prof. of Radiology & Head of Women’s Imaging, Cairo University ,
Chairman of LHA
- As one of Egypt’s leading voices in radiology, Dr Ashraf Selim continues to redefine the outcome of cancer early detection, diagnosis and management in the country. Since completing his degree in Cairo University he has become an established authority in the field and a renowned professor and lecturer at the prestigious establishment.
- As both a professor and the Head of Women’s Imaging Unit at Cairo University he is one of the chief experts of radiology in Egypt; he introduced mammography in Cairo University and was in charge of the first private clinic to provide patients
with mammograms (Cairo Scan). His stellar academic record and passion for radiology have translated to multiple accolades in the medical arena. He is the associate editor of the Egyptian Journal of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, the reviewer of the International Journal of Paleopathology and has earned recognition for the highest score of scientific publications of Cairo University
- during the year 2010. He is also a consultant for the Ministry of Health’s National Screening Project for the Early Detection of Breast Cancer and a board member of the Telemed International Company, as well as the Egyptian Society of Radiology.
- Dr Selim has excellent managerial skills; with 30 years of experience at Cairo Radiology Center (Cairo Scan) where he was appointed Executive director in 2003. He is also the founder and CEO of Cairo Diagnostic Imaging Centers, a board
member of the Alexandria Radiology Center and the Founder and President of the Egyptian Society of Women’s Imaging and Health Care. He has earned his Executive Management Diploma from AUC.
- Using his wealth of experience and continued research in breast cancer
prevention and treatment as well as his excellent managerial experience, the acting Chairman of LHA is set to change the way medical practice takes place in Egypt. With decades of medical expertise and strategic and executive knowledge he plans to take women’s medicine to the next level by understanding the things that matter to them; efficiency, state of the art techniques and most importantly expert knowledge.
Asif Abalal Momin
- M.D., D.M.R.D., D.M.R.E.; D.N.B. (Radiodiagnosis)
- Head of Imaging; comprising of Ultrasonography, CT Scan, Mammography and Vascular DSA Lab. since April 1992 at Prince Aly Khan Hospital, Mumbai
SPECIAL INTERESTS in
- Interventional vascular and non vascular procedures including RF ablation and Endovenous laser ablation of tumors
- Head & Neck Radiology
- Abdominal and Vascular Sonography
- Cancer Imaging
- Various national and International publications and papers related to US and CT scan.
- in multiple National, and International conferences
Conducted many Workshops on Doppler and US guided intervention procedure and Quiz program
Textbook – Abdominal Ultrasound; Associate editor and author of four chapters, published by J P brothers in March 2009
- Bronze medal in “KSUM-2011” at Seoul, South Korea in a Image gallery
- Silver Award for Best scientific oral paper at 69th KCR 2013 on Radiofrequency ablation of liver tumors using contrast ultrasound and fusion Imaging
- Indian Radiology and Imaging Association (IRIA)
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM),
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA),
- Korean Society of Radiology (KSR),
- European Society of Radiology (ESR),
- Korean society of Ultrasonography (KSUM)
- Indian Federation of Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology (IFUMB)
- Medical Doctor and Radiology Training, Universite droit et santé, Lille 2,FRANCE
- Register member :Order of Physician ,France Number 59/20626
- Assistant-Professor Lebanese University, Medical Faculty ,Radiology Department
- Head, Radiology department, Bahman hospital,since 1999
- Member of the Scientific committee of the Lebanese Order of Physician,Beirut 2010-11 & 2012-13
- President of the Lebanese Society of Radiology, 2010-12
- President of the 4th Pan ARAB Radiology Congress , Apr 2011
- Assistant –Secretary of the Pan ARAB Radiology societies, 2010
- Board Member : Association Franco-Libanaise de Radiologie since 2010
- Past Board Member and founder member of the Lebanese Society of Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Disorders,
- Member of the Standing committee of screening of Breast Cancer in Lebanon (Ministry of Public Health 2010-12)
- Member of the French Society of Radiology ,since 1991
- Have attended ,participated and presented related materiel in numerous conference event.
- Author &Co-author of several papers
AU YONG Ting Kun
- Dr TK Au Yong graduated from the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Hong Kong in 1987 and joint the Department of Nuclear Medicine of Queen Elizabeth Hospital of Hong Kong on 1990. He obtained the Master of Science in Nuclear Medicine of the University of London in 1994. He then received training in positron emission tomography in the UK, USA and Switzerland. He was the President of the Hong Kong Society of Nuclear Medicine and council member of the Hong Kong Society of Clinical PET. He is now the consultant of the NM department and Clinical PET Centre of QEH. His academic interest includes Nuclear Oncology, Nuclear Cardiology and radioisotope therapy.
Ayda Aly Youssef
Barry A. Siegel
- Professor of Radiology and Medicine
- Vice Chair for Nuclear Medicine in Radiology
- Director, Division of Nuclear Medicine
- Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology
- Washington University School of Medicine
- 1973-Director, Division of Nuclear Medicine, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
- 1973-1975Assistant Radiologist, Barnes Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri
- 1974-1991Consulting Radiologist, St. Louis Children’s Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri
- 1975-1979Associate Radiologist, Barnes Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri
- 1979-1986Radiologist, Barnes Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri
- 1986-1996Nuclear Radiologist-in-Chief, Barnes Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri 1991-Staff Radiologist, St. Louis Children’s Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri 1994-1996Active Attending Staff, Jewish Hospital of St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri
- 1996-Nuclear Radiologist-in-Chief, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri
- 1999-Staff Radiologist, Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri
- 2010-Vice Chair for Nuclear Medicine in Radiology, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, WashingtonUniversity School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
Bassem Raouf Saleh
- Blaise Baxter, MD
- Medical School – Dalhousie University Halifax, Nova Scotia, 1988
- Neuroradiology Fellowship – University Hospital at the University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario
- Neuroradiology Fellowship – Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Flight Surgeon’s and Basic Diving Medicine courses at the School of Operational Aerospace Medicine, CFB Toronto
- Certified by the American Board of Radiology
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Diagnostic Radiology
- Notable Accomplishments
- Since moving to Chattanooga, TN in 1999, Dr. Baxter has helped develop the Southeast Regional Stroke Center, one of the busiest stroke centers in the US. This center is involved in stroke research and has tremendous experience with stroke intervention. He has been involved in design modifications for various catheters and devices and has helped in refining the techniques employed in performing stroke intervention. Through speaking engagements and training courses, he has helped to train a large number of physicians performing these stroke intervention cases in the US and internationally. Dr. Baxter has been published in numerous journals including Stroke, American Surgeon, Diagnostic Neuroradiology and the American Journal of Neuroradiology.
- Associate Professor in Diagnostic Radiology in Medical College Trivandrum from June 2012 onwards
Joined in Kerala Govt. Medical Education service as a permanent faculty member in
Diagnostic Radiology in May 2001.
- Worked as a Lecturer till June 2007.
- *Assistant Professor In Radiodiagnosis from June 2007 to June 2012.
- Consultant Radiologist – Jankharia Imaging (now, SRL Diagnostics– Jankharia Imaging) 1995 till date
- Trustee – Radiology Education Foundation 1996 till date
- President – Indian Radiology & Imaging Association 2014
- MBBS, Mumbai University 1987
- DMRD, Mumbai University1990
- MD Radiology, Mumbai University1991
Fellowships & Training
- Bombay Hospital (Sr. Registrar) – 1991-1993
- University of California, San Diego, USA (MSK Radiology) – 1994
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA (Chest Radiology) – 1994
- Royal Brompton Heart & Lung Institute, London, UK (Cardiac MRI) – 2002
- Chest, Bone, Cardiac Radiology
- Interventional CT & MRI
- 2 books, 25 chapters, 38 articles, 22 posters
- More than 500 invited lectures
- Editor-in-Chief, Indian Journal of Radiology & Imaging (2007-2012)
- DNB teacher (2007-2012)
- Online slide lectures (www.slideshare.net/bhavinj)
- Online video lectures (www.youtube.com/bhavinjankharia)
- Blog (http://www.radiologystories.com)
- Dr. Allen is a radiologist with the Birmingham Radiological Group at Trinity Medical Center in Birmingham, Alabama. Dr. Allen earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Alabama and his medical degree from the University of Alabama School of Medicine. He has clinical interest in musculoskeletal radiology and his practice has a large sports medicine program. He is interested in the socioeconomic issue facing the profession of radiology and is a past ACR representative to the American Medical Association/Specialty Society RVS Update Committee (the RUC). He is a promoter of the American College of Radiology’s Imaging 3.0 initiative to ensure radiologists hold a key role in evolving health care delivery and payment models, as well as assuring quality patient care. Allen been active within the ACR for 20 years and has served as a Councilor and member of the Council Steering Committee. A member of the Board of Chancellors for the past five years, he chaired the Commission on Economics and is now the Chair of the ACR Board of Chancellors.
Binafsha Manzoor Syed
- Dr. Bruce Forster is Professor and Head at the University of British Columbia, Department of Radiology, Regional Department Head and Regional Medical Director, Medical Imaging, Vancouver Coastal Health/Providence Health. He was recently Director of Diagnostic Imaging for the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics/Paralympics Games. As an Associate Member of the Allan McGavin Sports Medicine Centre, he has been involved in the clinical, education, and research aspects of sports imaging for 25 years, is Associate Editor of the journals ‘Radiology’ and ‘British Journal of Sports Medicine’, and has delivered over 300 invited lectures around the world. He is the author of 100 peer-reviewed scientific publications, and 95 educational exhibits, and has served as President of the Pacific Northwest Radiology Society, on the Board of Directors of the Canadian Association of Radiologists, and is currently on the Board of Directors of the Canadian Radiologic Foundation.
- Professor of Radiology
- Senior Consultant
- Head of Abdominal Radiology.
- Member of the Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer Group
- Radiology Department
- Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
- Carmen Ayuso is Professor of Radiology at the University of Barcelona, Director of the Radiology Department of the Medical School at the University of Barcelona, Member of the BCLC group and Head of Abdominal Radiology of the Imaging Diagnostic Center at the Radiology Department of the Hospital Clínic of Barcelona, Spain.
- She is Past-President of the Spanish Society of Radiology (SERAM).
Cheung Chi Wai Stephen
- Consultant, Head of Cardiovascular Imaging and Head of Training, Department of Radiology, Queen Mary Hospital
- Chairman of Training Subcommittee, Coordinating Committee in Radiology, Hospital Authority
- Co-Chairman of Working Group on Collaboration of Cardiac and Radiological Services, Coordinating Committee in Radiology and Central Committee in Cardiac Service, Hospital Authority
University of Hong Kong:
- Honorary Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Hong Kong
Hong Kong Academy of Medicine:
- Member, Credentialing Working Group
- Member, National and International Relations Committee
Hong Kong College of Radiologists:
- Honorary Secretary of Hong Kong College of Radiologists
- Chairman of CME/CPD Subcommittee of Hong Kong College of Radiologists
- Chairman of Education and Research Fund Committee of Hong Kong College of Radiologists
- Associate Editor, Journal of Hong Kong College of Radiologists
Local and Regional Radiology and Medical Societies:
- Council Member of Ho Hung-Chiu Medical Education Foundation
- Member of the Executive Committee (representing Hong Kong), The Asian Oceanian Society of Radiology (AOSR)
- Member of Executive Committee (representing Hong Kong), The Asian Society of Cardiovascular Imaging (ASCI)
Topics of current research:
- MRI and functional MRI (diffusion + +). GI tract.
Collaborations (teams or structures):
- Department of Radiology Lariboisière University Hospital-Paris, France (Pr Soyer)
- Department of Radiology Hospices civil de Lyon, France (Pr Valette)
- Active member of the French Society of Radiology, of the french society for gastrointestinal imaging, of the European Society of Radiology (abdominal committee), fellow of ESGAR
- Diffusion-weighted imaging for the detection of mesenteric small bowel tumours with Magnetic resonance-enterography
- Amzallag-Bellenger E, Soyer P, Barbe C, Nguyen F, Amara N, Hoeffel C.
- Eur Radiol. 2014, under press
- Prospective assessment of magnetic resonance enterography for the detection of small bowel mesenteric Tumours.
- Amzallag-Bellenger E, Soyer P, Barbe C, Diebold MD, Cadiot G, Hoeffel C.
- Eur Radiol. 2013 Jul; 23 (7):1901-10
- Effectiveness of MR enterography for the assessment of small-bowel diseases Crohn’s disease beyond.
- Amzallag -Bellenger E, Oudjit A, Ruiz A, Cadiot G, Soyer PA, Hoeffel C.
- Radiographics. September-October 2012, 32 (5) :1423-44.
- MRI and CT of sacrocolpopexy.
- Rousset P, Deval B, PF Chaillot, Amara N, Buy JN, Hoeffel C.
- AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2013 Apr, 200 (4): W383-94
- Renal blood flow quantification in pigs using contrast-enhanced ultrasound: an ex vivo study.
- Hoeffel C, S Mulé, Huwart L, Frouin F, Jais JP, Helenon O, Correas JM.
- Ultraschall Med. 2010 Aug; 31 (4) :363-9.
- Radiofrequency ablation of renal Tumours: diagnostic accuracy of contrast-enhanced ultrasound for early detection of residual tumor.
- Hoeffel C, Pousset M, Timsit MO, Elie C, Mejean A, Merran S, F Tranquart, Khairoune A, Joly D, Richard S, Hélénon O, Correas JM.
- Eur Radiol. 2010 Aug; 20 (8) :1812-21
- 7/1995 – 6/1996 Intern, Department of Neurology, University of Erlangen, Germany
- 7/1996 – 8/1997 Resident, Department of Radiology, University of Marburg, Germany
Full medical board certification (Approbation): January 1st 1997
- 9/1997 Resident, Division of Neuroradiology, Department of Neurology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
- 3/2001 Board examination,” Diagnostic Radiology“ Fellow in diagnostic & interventional Neuroradiology
- 1/2002 Senior Neuroradiologist (orthopedic Neuroradiology, fMRI)
- 1/2003 Senior Neuroradiologist (diagnostic & interventional Neuroradiology)
- 2/2004 Board examination „Neuroradiology“
- 6/2004 Coordinator for clinical research in Neuroradiology
- 12/2006 Managing Senior Neuroradiologist
- 3/2007 Associate Professor in Radiology / Neuroradiology
- 7/2009 Full Professor in Radiology / Neuroradiology, University of Basle ,Division head, Neuroradiology
- Chairman of the departement of radiology
- Membre of the medical board of the University Hospital of Angers
- Doctor of medecine (MD): 1994
- Qualification in diagnostic radiology – university of Angers: 1994
- PhD in medecine and living sciences: 2002
- Full professor of radiology at university of Angers: 2005
- Full member of the French society of radiology (SFR)
- Past president and board member of the French society of abdominal imaging (la SIAD)
- Full member of the European society of radiology (ESR)
- Full member of the European Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology (ESGAR)
- Member of the Laboratory HIFIHUPRES EA 3859 (Portal hypertension, Invasivity, Fibrosis, Hepatic inhibition)
Main topics of research
- Chronic liver diseases, Portal hypertension, Hepatocellular carcinoma
Cihat Cinar Basekim
Dalia Monir Fahmy
- Associate Professor Dinesh Varma,MBBS, MD, FRANZCR
- Deputy Director of Radiology
- Head of Trauma and Emergency Radiology
- Head of Teaching and Research Training the Alfred Hospital, Victoria, Australia
- A/Professor Dinesh Varma qualified with MBBS in India and went on to do MD in Radio-diagnosis. Subsequently he migrated to Australia in 1990 and underwent his specialist training in Radiology at The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia, and became a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologist (RANZCR) in 2000. His specialist training included an accredited Fellowship in MRI at The Alfred Hospital.
- His particular area of interest is Trauma and Emergency Radiology and MRI, and the role of radiology in the integrated multidisciplinary approach to imaging and management of multitrauma patients. The Alfred Hospital is the largest Level 1
Trauma Centre in Australasia. His main area of research is in traumatic brain and cervical spine injuries.
- He is currently the Deputy Director of Radiology, Head of Trauma and Emergency Radiology at The Alfred Hospital, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Surgery, Monash University. He is also the immediate past President of RANZCR.
- In 2009 he was awarded RANZCR Rouse Fellow, which required travelling to New Zealand delivering lectures and teaching radiology registrars and giving the key note Rouse Fellow presentation at the 2009 New Zealand Branch Annual Scientific Meeting. In 2011 he was awarded RANZCR Rohan Williams Travelling Professor. He travelled to various Deaneries in UK and delivered numerous lectures and tutorials to the trainees in the UK specialist radiology-training program. He also delivered the Prof R W Lecture at the Royal College of Radiologists Annual Scientific Meeting in London in September 2011.
- His research and academic involvement include over 40 publications including peer reviewed articles, book chapters and abstracts. He is also a Supervisor of undergraduate and post graduate degrees (Masters and PhD). He is an Associate Editor of Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology.
- He is am an active member of numerous national and international Radiology Societies some of which include American
Society of Emergency Radiology, American Roentgen Ray Society, European Society of Emergency Radiology and European
Society of Radiology.
- He is also on the advisory panel of various international projects and completed the Australian Institute of Company Directors course in January 2013.
- Dorria Salem 1953, Egyptian radiologist, MD, Cairo University 1987. A professor at CairoUniversity teaching hospital, since 1988 and the general manager of the women’s health outreach program since 2007. She is one of the pioneers in the women’s imaging the thing that put her in a very distinguished position on the national level as well as the Arab level. She is the founder of the women’s imaging unit at the radiology department at Cairo university teaching hospital since 2003. She is also a member of the continuous teaching program of CairoUniversity and the ministry of health and population.
- Radiologist with subspecialty in Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Fellowship 1996 Universidad de Las Palmas, Spain
- From 2006 until now is the Chairman of the Radiology Department at Hospital Aleman, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Prosecretary at the Board of the Argentinean Society of Radiology SAR
- In charge of the education subcommittee, SAR
Ehab Adel Mahmoud
Eisha Ramadan Mohamed
Eliza Ali Mohammed
Eman El Tawil
- Enzo Durante, M.D. is Full Professor of General Surgery at the University of Ferrara, Italy, School of Medicine and Head of General Surgery Unit, Coordinator of Breast Multidisciplinar Team, Director of Postgraduate Course in General Surgery. Professor Durante’s professional career has been centered in this city. He received his M.D. at the University of Ferrara in 1970. He interned and was resident in surgery at the Institute of Surgical Pathology for 4 years performing a great number of emergency surgical procedures. His hospital and academic appointments include Assistant Surgeon (1971-1975), Assistant Professor (1975-1980), Associate Professor (1980-1998), Vice-Director of Institute of Surgical pathology (1982-1998), Full Professor of General Surgery from 1998. Professor Durante is a fellow of Italian Society of Surgery, Italian Society of Endocrine Surgery, Co-Founder and Secretary of International Breast Ultrasound School, Treasurer of International Association for Breast Ultrasound. He has been co-founder of the first Italian Society of Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology in 1974. Professor Durante has been also Committee member of regional breast screening. Major field of his research work has been the breast diagnosis and surgery that He is performing for 24 years by personal technique under U.S. guide reaching excellent cosmetic results and the lowest rate of recurrences in the literature that is <1% at all. Professor Durante started to use ultrasound in 1973 and in 1974, after stage in Gentofte Hospital – Copenhagen, he started to perform U.S. guided interventional procedures, pioneer in Italy. Professor Durante’s bibliography consists of 232 papers published in professional journals (143 in Italian, 84 in English, 5 in Spanish). He has written chapters for 9 books and is author or editor of 13 books. Professor Durante has an international reputation and has been invited speaker in 111 Congresses (67 in Italy, 44 in all the World), lecturer in 115 Post-Graduate Courses or Seminars (73 in Italy, 44 in all the World), and has been Director of annual Intensive Course on Breast Multimodality Imaging and Interventional Techniques held in Ferrara until 2011.
- Dr. Stern, specializing in Thoracic Imaging, is a Professor of Radiology, Medicine, Medical Education, and Global Health, and Vice-Chairman of Academic Affairs in the Department of Radiology at the University of Washington, in Seattle. He is the author of over 100 papers as well as seven textbooks on Chest Radiology. Dr. Stern is the founding President of the AUR Alliance of Clinician-Educators in Radiology, the former President of the Society of Thoracic Radiology, the former Editor-in Chief of the journal Current Problems in Diagnostic Radiology, former Deputy Editor of the AJR, and the founding and current Editor in Chief of GO RAD, a global outreach journal of the International Society of Radiology. Among his many other roles, Dr. Stern is the current Vice-President of the Washington State Radiology Society, ACR Council Steering Committee member, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Pacific Northwest Radiology Society, and Vice-Chair of the International Commission on Radiology Education.
Essam Ali Abou-Bieh
Eswara Vara Prasada Rao Sreeram
- Dr Sreeram Eswara Vara Prasada Rao is an Indian born, diagnosticand interventional radiologist, currently working as Specialist Senior registrar in the department of Radiology, Rashid Hospital, Dubai, UAE since 2004. He previously worked as associate professor, department of Radiology, in Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences; a deemed university and super specialty institute in South India. Later he has worked as specialist radiologist in Ministry of health, Sultanate of Oman. He has finished his graduation and post graduation from reputed medical colleges in India and completed his post doctoral course in Cardiovascular and Neuro Radiology from esteemed research centre, Sri Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum, India.
- Dr. Rao has published scientific papers in various reputed Radiological and Medical journals. He is the author of a chapter in ‘Syllabus – Recent Advances in Imaging and Intervention in Cardiovascular Diseases, Springer, 1996, ISBN 981-3083-02-6.
- Dr. Sreeram Rao has presented many scientific papers in various National and international radiological conferences. He has chaired scientific sessions and moderated work-shop in various conferences. He was a reviewer for scientific papers for The Indian Journal of Radiology and Imaging. Dr. Rao has attended many international conferences, keeping in touch with recent advances in radiological sciences.
- He is a postgraduate teacher for radiology students in India and UAE.
Faisal Al Azri
Fatina Al Tahan
- 1982 – Graduation in Medicine -University of Coimbra, Portugal,
- 1990 – Specialist in Radiology by the Portuguese Board of Radiology and Ministry of Health
- 1991- European Certificate of Clinical Sonography
- 1998 -Doctorship in Internal Medicine, Radiology
- 2004 – Associate Professor of Radiology at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Coimbra
- 2000-2009 – Secretary of the Cientific Council, Faculty of Medicine, University of Coimbra
- 2003-2005 – President of the Radiology Board, Portuguese Medical Society
- 2005-2010 – Vice – President of the Portuguese Society of Radiology
- 2011 – Full member National Academy of Medicine
- 2004 – Member executive committee of ESGAR
- 2004 – Sub-committee chairman of ECR 2005
- 2007 – Meeting President of the 18th Annual Meeting and Post-graduate course ESGAR
- 2009 – Honorary lecturer of ESGAR at SGR
- 2010-2011 – President-elect ESGAR
- 2011 – Honorary Member of the Spanish Society of Abdominal Radiology (SEDIA)
- 2012-2013 – President of ESGAR
- 2012 – Chairman of Scientific Committee, ECR 2013
- 2013 – Chairman of the Post-graduate program, ECR 2014
- Francesco Arrigoni (L’Aquila, Italy, 22/01/1985) is a M.D. in the Department of Radiology at the S.Salvatore Hospital of L’Aquila from 2010. He is interested in interventional radiology in particular in the field of musculoskeletal. From 2011, he uses the MRgFUS tecnology for the pathology of bone and uterus. In the last years he has partecipated to the most important national and international radiological meetings (SIRM 2012 and 2014, ECR 2012 and 2014, RSNA 2012 and 2013).
- Gábor Forrai, MD, PhD is the Head of Radiology Department at the Military Hospital/Teaching Hospital ,University Semmelweis in Budapest, Hungary employing over 40 radiologists in three different physical locations, and managing one of the best equipped public units in the country since July 2007. Previously, (2005 – 2011) he has been the General Secretary of the College of Radiology (which is the advisory board for the Minister of Health), Hungary and thus is well informed about healthcare financing rules, regulations, human resource information and trends.
- University Semmelweis in Budapest, Hungary employing over 40 radiologists in three different physical
- Dr. Forrai has been doing his private business in breast screening and other
areas and did work for some other private units. He has been lecturing and teaching all over Europe and Latin America on issues such as new diagnostic machines, medical procedures and tools as well as about evidence-based professional healthcare activities. Dr. Forrai has experience working in different European countries such as France and Germany while his focus and detailed knowledge is about the radiology market in Hungary. He is working/consulting in English, French and Hungarian languages.
Dr. Gamal Mahgoub, MD.
- Consultant Radiologist, Abu Dhabi Police Medical Services, General Head Quarter, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- Assistant Professor of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Suez Canal University, Egypt.
University Qualifications & Certificates:
- Doctor of Medicine Degree in Radiodiagnosis (PhD.), School of Medicine,Suez Canal University, Egypt, April, 1998.
- Fellow-ship in Michigan State University, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) department, East Lansing, Michigan, U.S.A., 5/1995 – 6/1997.
- Master degree in Radiodiagnosis (Ms. Radiology), School of Medicine, Alexandria University, Egypt, October, 1989.
- MB.Ch.B. (Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery), School of Medicine, Alexandria University, Egypt, November, 1985.
- Assistant Professor of Radiology, School of Medicine, Suez Canal University, Egypt. From 26/10/2004 till the present time. Current Post. (On sabbatical leave from Suez Canal University).
- Consultant Radiologist, Abu Dhabi Police Mediacl Sevice, GHQ., Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. From 4/9/2008 till the present time, Current job.
- Consultant Radiologist, Zayed Military Hospital, GHQ, Abu-Dhabi, U.A.E., From 4/7/2003 to 1/9/2008.
- Lecturer (Clinical & Academic), Radiology Dept; School of Medicine, Suez Canal University hospital, Egypt. 2/1999.
- MR Reaserch Fellow in Radiology Department, Michigan State University, Magnetic Resonance Imaging Department, East Lansing, Michigan, U.S.A., 2 YEARS Fellowship, 5/1995 – 6/1997.
- Assistant Lecturer (Clinical & Academic), Radiology Department, School of Medicine, Suez Canal University hospital, Egypt. 1991-1998.
- Registrar of radiology, Rdaiology Department, School of Medicine, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt. 15/7/1987- 14/7/1990.
- Radiologic Society of North America (RSNA), USA.
- European Scociety of Radiology (ECR).
- Egyptian Society of Radiology & Nuclear Medicine.
- Emirates Medical Association, Emirates Radiology Society, UAE.
Publications, Conferences participations and References:
- Tailored upon request.
- Radiology resident in Ain Shams University hospitals from 2002 to 2005.
- Assistant lecturer of Radiodiagnosis and Interventional Radiology in Ain Shams University hospitals from 2005 to 2009.
- Lecturer of Radiodiagnosis and Interventional Radiology in Ain Shams University hospitals from 2010.
- Consultant of Ultrasonography and Interventional Radiology in Misr Radiology Centre since April 2005.
- Consultant of Ultrasonography and Interventional Radiology in Alfa Scan Radiology Centres since April 2006.
- Consultant of Interventional Radiology in Nasser Institute since August 2010
- Consultant of Ultrasonography and Interventional Radiology in Cleopatra Hospital since April 2011.
- Consultant of Interventional Radiology in Egypt Air hospital since May 2012.
- Member of Egyptian Society of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine.
- Member of Egyptian society of liver cancer (ESLC).
- Member of HCC study group- Ain Shams University.
- Member of Budd-Chiari study group- Ain Shams University.
- Lecturer of Radiodiagnosis and Interventional Radiology in AinShamsUniversity hospitals.
- Consultant of Ultrasonography and Interventional Radiology in Misr Radiology Centre.
- Consultant of Ultrasonography and Interventional Radiology in Alfa Scan Radiology Centres.
- Consultant of Interventional Radiology in Nasser Institute.
- Consultant of Ultrasonography and Interventional Radiology in Cleopatra Hospital- Heliopolis.
- Consultant of Interventional Radiology in Egypt Air hospital.
Gehan Sayed Seif eldein
Gerard S Goh
- Dr Gerard Goh is an Interventional and Diagnostic Radiologist at The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia. Until recently he was a consultant Interventional and Diagnostic Radiologist and Head of Trauma Radiology at St George’s Hospital, London where he was also a Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer and Teacher for the University of London.
- He is a committee member for the European Society of Emergency Radiology and a council member for the European Board of Interventional Radiology (EBIR) under the auspices of the Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe (CIRSE). In addition to being an examiner for the European IR board he is part of the teaching faculty for the European School of Interventional Radiology. In the past he has been an advisor to the UK National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) and a member of the UK all party parliamentary group on vascular disease. He has given over 50 invited national and international presentations, has a strong interest in research and is a peer reviewer for several international journals including ER, EJR, CVIR and JVIR. His interests include trauma, embolisation, vascular and renal denervation.
- Chief of the Interventional Radiology Department, Ospedale di Circolo e Fondazione Macchi, Viale Borri 57, Varese,Public Hospital
- From February 2007 to date
Associate Professor of Radiology ,Università degli Studi dell’Insubria, Via Ravasi, Varese
Director of Interventional Radiology Research Center, Università degli Studi dell’Insubria, Via Ravasi, Varese
- From September 2002 to February 2007
Assistant Professor of Radiology ,Università degli Studi dell’Insubria, Via Ravasi, Varese
- From June 1996 to August 2002
Physician of Radiology , Azienda Ospedaliera Niguarda, Piazza Ospedale Maggiore 3, Milano
- 1985-1991 Medical School and Degree,University of Pavia
- October 1995 Board of Radiology ,University of Pavia
- 1999 Board of Medical Statistic ,University of Pavia
- 2008 Course of “Formazione manageriale per Dirigente di Struttura Complessa Area Ospedaliera” (I.Re.F) SDA Bocconi School of Management, Milano
Gloria Soto Giordani
- Professor Guy Frija, President of the European Society of Radiology (ESR) from 2013 to 2014, has been awarded an honorary doctorate for his exceptional contribution to the field of radiology by the University of Montreal in Québec, Canada.
- A recognised expert in thoracic imaging and contrast products, Prof. Frija has also helped to introduce information technologies to daily radiological practice. He is currently a consultant in the imaging department at Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou, and professor of radiology at René Descartes University in Paris and at Mc Master University (Canada).He is also ESR past-president,and Director of the Eurosafe Alliance launched by the ESR in 2014.
- Alongside his visionary approach, Prof. Frija has shown great leadership skills and presided over the French Society of Radiology for 12 years, turning it into the most important scientific society in France and one of the most important national radiological societies worldwide. He also served as President of the International Society for Strategic Studies in Radiology in 2007.
- Under his presidency, the ESR has tackled many key issues including education e-learning tools, accreditation, imaging biomarkers, clinical decision support and radiation protection. He served as General Secretary of the European Association of Radiology, the founding body of the ESR, and subsequently as a member of the Executive Council of the ESR.
- Prof. Frija was appointed Knight of the French Order of the Legion of Honour in 2001, and received numerous awards for his achievements. He has published 15-0 papers and co-written 30 books.
- Prof. Hanan Sherif has graduated from Cairo University in 1986. She had her training in radiology at Cairo University, Egypt, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, and University of Paris, France. She has published many articles and book chapters in the field of Breast Imaging and Body Imaging. She is now aProfessor of Radiology, Cairo University, Egypt, Ass. Professor of Radiology, Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar, and Consultant Radiologist, Hamad Medical Corporation, Doha, Qatar.
- Hani Abujudeh, M.D., M.B.A., an internationally renowned Radiology Quality and Safety expert. An Associate professor of radiology at Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital’s department of radiology. He is board certified in nuclear medicine and diagnostic radiology with a sub-specialty certification in vascular and interventional radiology.
- Dr. Abujudeh attended Rutgers, where he was accepted into lifetime membership of both the Beta Beta Beta National Biological Honor Society and Phi Betta Kappa Society. He earned his medical degree from New Jersey Medical School. He completed a surgical internship at New Jersey’s UniversityHospital, a residency in nuclear medicine at New York’s St. Vincent’s Hospital, a diagnostic radiology residency at New Jersey’s University Hospital, and a cardiovascular interventional radiology fellowship at Cornel medical Center. Dr. Abujudeh holds a master of business administration from Columbia Business School.
- Committed to continuous learning and collaboration with peers, Dr. Abujudeh served on the editorial board of the journal Emergency Radiology and as chairman of the American Roentgen Ray Society nuclear medicine committee.
- He serves on the American College of Radiology RADPEER™ scoring system task force, a peer review system with over 10,000 participating radiologists. An active international speaker, Dr. Abujudeh has authored over 60 peer-reviewed scientific articles.
- Dr. Abujudeh is the Co-editor of Quality and Safety in Radiology book, and the Editor of Cases in Emergency Radiology book.
- Involved in multiple research grants, Dr. Abujudeh’s areas of focus include quality improvement and error reduction through technology adoption, deployment of decision support tools and creation of benchmarking standards.
- Dr. Abujudeh is dedicated to working with others to open to new avenues of care, improve quality, combat disparity and relieve suffering. Dr Abujudeh is bi-lingual and speaks Arabic fluently.
Hany Lotfy Hafez
- Head of MRI unit , Maadi armed forces Hospital
- Secretory General , Military Medical Council
- Assistant Secretory General , Egyptian society of radiology and nuclear medicine
- Board member of Egyptian radiology fellow-ship
- Did his schooling from DPS, Mathura Road; MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College and MD in Radio-diagnosis at PGI, Chandigarh in 1986.
- After doing a short stint as S.R. in AIIMS, he won Rotary Foundation Scholarship and did a fellowship in MRI from MD Anderson Cancer Centre in Houston, Texas, USA from 1987-88.
- He set up one of the first MRI centres in India at Pusa Road, New Delhi in 1991, even before AIIMS or PGI Chandigarh had an MRI.
- He is a pioneer in the field of MRI and has delivered over 1000 talks in India and abroad.
- He has been Honorary Radiologist to the President of India since 1998, the first radiologist to be ever so appointed.
- He was awarded the national honour of Padma-Shri in 2002 for services to growth of radiology in India.
- He is past national president of I.R.I.A. and Indian Society of Neuroradiology.
- He has over 30 publications in national and international journals and has written chapters in several books.
- Apart from his chosen field, he has been active in other fields also-
Served on the Board of Directors of Punjab National Bank and Indian Overseas Bank for 3 years each.
Served on the Board of Governors of Sriram College of Commerce and Delhi Public School.
- President of the African Society of Radiology- ASR
- President of the World Federation for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology- WFUMB April 2014
- Born in Thala, Tunisia, in 1939, Dr Gharbi is Professor of Radiology and Professor in medical Biophysics.
- He is involved in several teaching programs mainly in ultrasound and in Paediatric Radiology, in Tunisia and in several countries around the world often in Africa.
- He was the Founder and the Director of the Tunisian National Centre of Radiation Protection ( 1970-1989)
- He was the founder in 1986 and the first President of the MASU, Mediterranean and African Society of Ultrasound, member of the World Federation of Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology since 1992.
- Under the auspices of WHO at the beginning and now under the auspices of WHO, MASU and WFUMB, he directed several international courses around the world in developing countries mainly : Tunisia, Algeria, Libya, Morocco, Egypt, Turkey, Bangladesh, Kenya, Tanzania, Chad, Uganda, Yemen, Cyprus , Syria, Pakistan, Cameroun, Afghanistan, Sierra Leone, Zambia, Rwanda, Thailand, He created since 1970, the first paediatric radiology department, in Tunisia and in the North African as independent and efficient body.
- His other main interest and original publications were dedicated to Hydatid diseases (imaging, epidemiological and treatment study) His imaging US classification of the Hydatid cyst appearance published in Radiology in 1981 is still used around the world He published, in collaboration as author or as co-author more than 20 books, All dedicated mainly to paediatric radiology, tropical and Infectious diseases (hydatid diseases).
- More than 130 articles are published in national and international journals in the different fields covered by his activities.
- He is member of Editorial board of several International Reviews
- Dr Gharbi received many awards and recognitions for his contributions for the promotion of the good use of Ultrasound in developing countries.
Selected peer-reviewed publications (in chronological order)
- Afshar-Oromieh A, Haberkorn U, Schlemmer HP, Fenchel M, Eder M, Eisenhut M, Hadaschik BA, Kopp-Schneider A, Röthke M: Comparison of PET/CT and PET/MRI hybrid systems using a 68-Ga-labelled PSMA ligand for the diagnosis of recurrent prostate cancer: initial experience. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2013 Dec 19. [Epub ahead of print].
- Schmitt B, Trattnig S, Schlemmer HP: CEST-imaging: A new contrast in MR-mammography by means of chemical exchange saturation transfer. Eur J Radiol. 2012 Sep;81 Suppl 1:S144-6.
- Roethke M, Anastasiadis AG, Lichy M, Werner M, Wagner P, Kruck S, Claussen CD; Stenzl A, Schlemmer HP, Schilling D: MRI-guided prostate biopsy detects clinically significant cancer: analysis of a cohort of 100 patients after previous negative TRUS biopsy. World J Urol. 2012 Apr; 30(2):213-8.
- Hadaschik BA, Kuru TH, Tulea C, Rieker P, Popeneciu IV, Simpfendörfer T, Huber J, Zogal P, Teber D, Pahernik S, Roethke M, Zamecnik P, Roth W, Sakas G, Schlemmer HP, Hohenfellner M: A novel stereotactic prostate biopsy system integrating pre-interventional magnetic resonance imaging and live ultrasound fusion. J Urol. 2011 Dec; 186(6):2214-20.
- Schlemmer HP, Pichler BJ, Schmand M, Burbar Z, Michel C, Ladebeck R, Jattke K, Townsend D, Nahmias C, Jacob PK, Heiss WD, Claussen CD: Simultaneous MR/PET Imaging of the Human Brain: A Feasibility Study, Radiology 248(3), 1028-35, (2008).
Hosam El-Din Galal
- Medical Graduation ( M.B. Bch)
Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University
- Master Degree of Radiodiagnosis
Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University
- Medical Doctorate (M.D.) ofRadiodiagnosis, Faculty of Medicine Ain Shams University
- Interventional Radiology
- Conventional Radiology
- Ultrasound and Duplex
- ERCP (diagnostic and therapeutic)
- Hepatobiliary interventions
- Vascular interventions
- Genitourinary Interventions
- Gastrointestinal Interventions
- Egyptian Society of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
- Egyptian Society of Liver Cancer
- Egyptian Society of Endoscopy and Internal Medicine
Houda El Mhabrech
Huseyin Hudaver Alper
- Medical education: Ege University Medical School, 1971-1977.
- Specialty training : Hacettepe University Medical School, Depertment of Radiology, 1978-1983.
- Served as staff ardiologist at Gulhane Military Medical Academy and Eskisehir State Hospital, 1983-1987.
- Hired as staff radiologist at the department of Radiology, Ege University Medical School in 1987.
- Promoted to Associate Professor in 1989, and full professor of Radiology in 1996.
- Headed “Head and Neck Radiology” and “Thoracic Radiology” sections between 1988-2010.
- Founded “Pediatric Radiology” subspeciality in 2002. After erection of a Pediatric Hospital at Ege
- University Medical School, he founded Pediatric Radiology Subspecialty Department and is currently chairman of Pediatric Radiology.
Ibrahim Al Desouki
Ihab Fathy Habib
- House officer in Kasr El Einy School of Medicine and Hospitals of Cairo University, from 1983 – 1984
- Resident of diagnostic radiology department NCI, Cairo University, form 1984 – 1987
- Clinical Demonstrator in Diagnostic Radiology Department, NCI, Cairo, University from March 1987 – December 1987.
- Assistant Lecturer in Diagnostic Radiology Department, NCI, Cairo, University from 1988 – 1992.
- Lecturer in diagnostic Radiology Department Cairo University from 1992 till. October 1999.
- Assistant Prof. of Radiodiagnosis, NCI, Cairo University from October 1999 –October2004.
- Professor of Radiodiagnosis, NCI, Cairo University from October 2004 till now.
- Head of Medical Imaging Department at Children’s Cancer Hospital, Egypt (CCHE) 57357 Hospital from March 2007 till now.
James F. Griffith
- James Griffith was trained in Cork, Ireland and Birmingham, UK and is currently Professor and head of Musculoskeletal Imaging at the Department of Imaging and Interventional Radiology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong. He has published over 240 peer-reviewed full paper publications and is an active member of the International Skeletal Society. His main current research areas are marrow changes in osteoporosis, particularly with respect to the pathophysiology and early diagnosis of osteoporosis, glenoid bone loss, osteochondrallesions of the talar dome and the imaging of bone architecture.
Jamila Salem Al Suwaidi
- Consultant Medical Physicist at Dubai Health Authority (DHA), BSc (UAE University), MSc & PhD (Surrey University, UK), joined DHA since Aug 1984.
- Established the Medical Physics Department at the DHA.
- Participated in establishing the Nuclear Medicine Department and created the Radioiodine Therapy service at Dubai Hospital – DHA.
- Founded Radiation Protection and Quality Control programs for Radiology and Nuclear Medicine at the DHA.
- Participated in the establishment of the Medical Physics undergraduate track at the UAE University.
- Guest lecturer at UAE Univ (2001-2004) and Clinical Instructor for the Higher College of Technology (HCT), Dubai Women College (DWC), Health Sciences, Medical Imaging (1997-2003).
- Managed IAEA National technical projects of control of radiation exposure and participated in IAEA Regional and International Projects.
- Awarded UAE Presidential Award for Sciences (Dec 2012) for the achievements in the Radiation in Medicine field.
- Awarded the IAEA Certificate of Merit, RAS9055 Project on Strengthen Radiation Safety in Medicine, Nov 2011.
- Member of the team who win the Best Technical Project, Picture Achieving and Communication System (PACS) for Radiology Practices, Dubai Government Excellence Award Program, 2008.
- Honored as Distinctive Female Employee, Dubai Government Excellence Award Program, 2001.
- Awarded Sheikh Rashid Award for Sciences, Dubai Government, 1995.
- Published a number of scientific articles in international journals on subjects in radiation dosimetry and patient radiation safety.
- Contribute in organizing the DHA Radiation Protection educational courses.
- Former President of Emirates Medical Physics Society (EMPS), EMA, 2005-2009.
Jan Walter Casselman
- Medical formation 6 months at the University of Pretoria in the Republic of South Africa, rest at the University of Leuven, Belgium, became M.D. in 1983. Received his Radiological certificate in Leuven in 1988, did fellowships MR and Head/Neck Radiology in Los Angeles at the UCLA (Prof. Hanafee) and in Florida at Gainesville University (Prof. Mancuso). Became a PhD in 1994 at the University of Ghent,Belgium, with a thesis on imaging of the inner ear. Became responsible for MR and Head/Neck imaging and Neuroradiology at the AZ St-Jan Brugge hospital in 1989. He was nominated consultant radiologist at the St.-Augustinus hospital in Antwerp in 1999. He was president of the European Society of Head and Neck Radiology (ESHNR) in the period 1999-2002. Was appointed chairman of the department of radiology and medical imaging of the AZ St.-Jan AV Hospital in Brugge in 2004. Became Academic “stagementor” (in 2005) and Academic Consultant (in 2007) of the university of Ghent, received the “new” European Certificate in Neuroradiology in 2006 and in Head and Neck Radiology in 2012. He is section editor of “Neuroradiology” since 2006 and associate editor Head and Neck Imaging for “Radiology” since 2013. He is author or co-author of 219 scientific publications, has given 950 scientific presentations in 46 different countries. Gave the Honorary “James Bull Lecture” in Harrogate in 2001. Received: “Summa cum laude” award at the ASNR in Atlanta in 2000 (CD on cranial nerves), Honorary corresponding membership of the German Society of Skull Base Surgery in Fulda in 2005, Honorary membership of the Royal Belgian Society for Ear, Nose, Throat, Head and Neck Surgery in Antwerp in 2008. He was appointed Guest-Professor in Radiology at the University of Ghent in 2011.
Jassem Salem Ibrahim
Jeffrey KT Wong
- Dr.Wong was graduated from Faculty of Medicine, the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 1995. He received radiology training in Hong Kong from 1997, awarded Fellowship of Royal College of Radiologists (FRCR) in 2000, Fellowship of Hong Kong College of Radiologists (FHKCR) and Fellowship of Hong Kong Academy of Medicine [FHKAM (Radiology)] in 2003.
- Dr Wong currently works as Consultant Radiologist in Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong and Honorary Associate Professor, Department of Imaging and Interventional Radiology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong. His special interests include non-invasive cardiovascular imaging and interventional radiology. He is actively involved in academic work, published more than 90 scientific articles in peer-reviewed international journals and as editor of four radiology books
2014 – present
- Radiation Protection Specialist
- Radiation Protection of Patients Unit, Radiation Safety & Monitoring Section,
- Division of Radiation, Transport and Waste Safety, Department of Nuclear Safety & Security
- International Atomic Energy Agency
2003 – 2014
- Research Professor in Medical Physics
- Head, Department for Radiation Protection at Medical Exposure
- National Centre of Radiobiology and Radiation Protection
- Professor (part-time) at Sofia University Sv. Kliment Ohridsky, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Lecturer Medical University, Sofia: Physics of Medical Imaging, Quality Assurance
- Lecturer Dental Faculty, Medical University: Radiation Physics and Radiation Protection
- Extensive experience through national, European and IAEA projects on radiation protection in medicine, patient dosimetry and dose surveys, quality assurance and quality control, regulation and implementation, education and training for different professionals – physicists, physicians, radiographers, students, etc.
- 1/09 – Head;Division of Cardiothoracic Radiology
University of Basel, Switzerland
Department of Radiology (Prof. Dr. E. Merkle)
- 11/06 – 1/10 Master of Health Business Administration
- 01/07 Workshop: The Art of Leadership
- 05/03 Remote Management, T. Poots, Buckinghamshire, England.
- 01/03 9th European Course on Management in Radiology.
- 11/02 Workshop: “Leading a Group”, University of Basel.
- 11/01 Workshop: “ Introduction to Feedback”, Conrad, Steiner & Partner GmbH,
Human Rescources Solutions.
- 1/02 – Cardiac Imaging with Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance.
- 12/01 University Basel (Prof. Dr. W. Steinbrich): Habilitation Diagnostic Radiology:
“Specific Contrast Media for magnetic resonance imaging of myocardial ischemia”.
- 11/96-7/98 University of California, San Francisco, Dept. of Radiology (Prof. CB Higgins)
Research Fellowship: Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Heart.
- 7/93 – University of Basel, Department Medical Radiology (Prof. W. Steinbrich)
- 2/92-6/93 University of Heidelberg, Department of Cardiology (Prof. W. Kübler)
Molecular biology of signal transduction in ischemic myocardium.
- 2/1992 University of Heidelberg, Department of Pharmacology (Professor Jakobs):
Thesis: “Signal transduction in membranes of human leucemia cells”
Jeremy J. Erasmus
- Jeremy J. Erasmus is a tenured professor at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (UT- MDACC) and is currently Chief of Thoracic Radiology. He completed his residency training program in Diagnostic Radiology at Queens University, Canada and became a diplomat of the American Board of Radiology in 1993. After completion of a Thoracic Imaging fellowship at Duke University, USA in 1995, he served as an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Duke University for 5 years and subsequently joined the Department of Radiology at UT-MDACC. Dr. Erasmus has published extensively on oncologic imaging of thoracic malignancies with an emphasis on the use of PET imaging in patients with lung cancer, esophageal cancer and malignant pleural mesothelioma. He has been an invited speaker at numerous national and international meetings and a visiting professor at universities in the United States and Canada. Dr. Erasmus is an Associate Editor of the Journal of Thoracic Oncology and RadioGraphics and is an Editorial Board member for the Journal of Thoracic Imaging as well as Molecular Imaging and Biology.
- Dr. Erasmus is actively involved in numerous professional and academic societies including the Society of Thoracic Radiology (STR), American Roentgen Ray Society and the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA). He is President-elect for the STR, an American Board of Radiology Chest Oral Examiner and a Fellow of the Society of Computed Body Tomography and Magnetic Resonance and. He is the Chair for Chest Educational Exhibits for RadioGraphics at the RSNA, is a Scientific Committee member for the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) and is on the Advisory Board for the IASLC International Staging Project in Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma.
- Dr Borgstede is currently Professor and Vice Chairman of Radiology at the University of Colorado. His administrative responsibilities at the University of Colorado include departmental professional billing, coding, compliance, and human resources. His Vice Chairman responsibilities also include quality and safety and membership on the School of Medicine Clinical Leadership Council. His responsibilities with the University of Colorado Physicians, Inc. (UPI) include contract negotiations and membership on the UPI Finance Committee.
- He is a past member of the AMA Relative Value Update Committee (RUC) where he served as chair of the Research Subcommittee.
- He is immediate past president of the American Board of Radiology. He is past president and past chairman of the board of the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Dr Borgstede is a member and chair of the Radiological Society of North America’s Research and Education Foundation Board of Trustees. The Research and Education Foundation is one of the largest non-governmental grant providers for radiology research.
- He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Radiological Society of North America
- He is President-Elect of the International Society of Radiology.
- Dr Borgstede is past president of the Colorado Physician Health Program (CPHP), the Colorado peer assistance program for physicians.
- He is the past president of the Colorado State Board of Medical Examiners. He was a member of this board for 8 years and president for 5, completing his term in 2001.
- Dr Borgstede’s research is in the areas of socioeconomics, government relations, quality, and safety.
- He has delivered more than 100 lectures on these topics nationally and internationally.
- Dr Borgstede was a member of a private radiology practice for 27 years in Colorado Springs where he also served as president. He left this practice in 2007 for a fellowship and research in Magnetic Resonance Imaging at the University of California at San Diego. His medical degree is from the University of Illinois (1974). He trained as radiology resident at the University of Colorado Health Science Center (1975-1978) where he was the Chief Resident in Radiology in 1978. The American Board of Radiology certified him in 1978.
- In 2009 he was awarded the Gold Medal of the American College of Radiology which is their highest honor.
- In 2012 he was awarded the first Gold Medal of the Colorado Radiological Society.
- In 2014 he was awarded the President’s Award for Leadership from the University of Colorado Hospital
- A native of Amsterdam, the Netherlands, he matriculated at the College of The Holy Cross; Worcester, MA; Degree: A.B., Chemistry/Biology, 1974. Subsequently Boston University, Boston, M.A.: Degree: M.D., 1978 and to round off his academic education at Erasmus Universiteit, Rotterdam, The Netherlands a Ph.D. 1991 Fellowship in Pediatric Radiology completed at Harvard Medical School, Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Boston, MA 1983-1985. His professional career since then includes being an administrator and pediatric radiologist: rising to Professor of Radiology & Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine Boston MA (1985-89, 1996-2000) sandwiched around being an Associate Professor of Radiology at Harvard Medical School while Division Chief of Pediatric Radiology at MGH 1989-1995. He then returned to his native the Netherlands as Professor& Chairman, Department of Radiology, UMC Nijmegen The Netherlands, 2000-2008. Returning to the USA in 2009, he has since served as Professor and Vice Chairman, Dept. of Radiological Sciences URMC, Rochester, NY and Radiologist-in-Chief at the Golisano Children’s hospital of URMC, Rochester NY. His bibliography includes 8 Books and Monographs, >120 Juried or Refereed Journals, Articles, >8 book chapters and he also functions since 2011 as Editor-in-Chief, European Journal of Radiology and Associate Editor, GoRad
- Professor and Chairman, Department of Radiology, Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital Medical University. Vice chairman of Head and Neck Radiology, Chinese Society of Radiology.
- I published 142 papers in the field of head and neck radiology.
K V N Dhananjaya
Karim A. Abd El Tawab
- Interventional Radiology Consultant; Ain Shams University Hospitals, Cairo, Egypt.
- Member; Society of Interventional Radiology “SIR” (USA), member; Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology Society of Europe “CIRSE”, member Pan Arab Interventional Radiology Society “PAIRS” (Member of the media committee of the society), member; Egyptian Society of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine “ESRNM”.
- Special interests: GIT interventions, Interventional Oncology, and hepatobiliary interventions as well as Prostatic artery embolization “Forms with Prof. Mohamed Shaker the first team in Egypt and the Middle East to perform Prostatic artery embolization.
Kazuro Sugimura, MD
Kersten Morgan Bates
khaled Abou Alfotouh Ahmad
- Professor of Radiology Ain Shams University.
- Director of MR unit Ain shams university hospitals (ASUH).
- Pediatric imaging Program director.
- Has about 20-research articles published in national & international radiology Journals.
- Member of ECR, RSNA, ASNR, ARRS& PARS.
- ICR 2014 Pediatric imaging program organizer.
Khaled El Newaam
Khalid Al Naqbi
Ki Seok Choo
Other Education Relative to Lecture:
- Basic medical degree: Pusan National University , Busan, Korea
- Internship: Pusan National University Hospital, Busan, Korea
- Residency: Pusan National University Hospital, Busan, Korea
- Fellowship: Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Main Work Experience:
- Currently Associate Professor at the Pusan National University. Practice is in Radiology exclusively, with special clinical interest in cardiovascular imaging and breast imaging.
Professional Organizations / Memberships:
- Board Member: Korean Society of Radiology, Korean Society of Cardiovascular imaging, Korean Society of Breast imaging, Asian Society of Cardiovascular imaging.
- Korgun Koral, MD, graduated from Hacettepe University Medical School, in Ankara, Turkey in 1992. After finishing his residency at Department of Radiology, Ankara University Medical School in 1996, he completed fellowships in Pediatric Radiology (1997-1999; University of California, Los Angeles), Pediatric Vascular and Interventional Radiology (1999-2000; Children’s Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University Medical School) and Diagnostic Neuroradiology (2000-2001; University of California, Los Angeles). Dr. Koral joined faculty at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Texas in 2002 and was promoted to associate professor in 2007 and to professor 2014. Some of his research interests include neuroimaging in diagnosis and follow-up of pediatric brain tumors and techniques in reducing ionizing radiation in pediatric neuroimaging. Dr. Koral is actively involved in residency training and is the recipient of several teaching awards.
- Kristen K. DeStigter, M.D., F.A.C.R., is the John P. and Kathryn H. Tampas Green and Gold Professor and Vice Chair of Radiology at the University of Vermont and Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington, Vermont, where she practices as an attending radiologist in the University of Vermont Medical Group. Dr. DeStigter is the Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program Director at the University of Vermont.
- Among her professional achievements, Dr. DeStigter serves as Vice President and immediate Past President of the Vermont Radiological Society and is councilor of the Vermont Chapter of the American College of Radiology (ACR). She participates as a member of the ACR Council Steering Committee and also chairs the ACR Symposium Committee.
- Dr. DeStigter has focused her career on radiology education. Currently, she serves as President-Elect of the Association of Program Directors in Radiology (APDR); and also sits on the American College of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) Residency Review Committee for Diagnostic Radiology.
- Dr. DeStigter’s scholarly interests and accomplishments include peer-reviewed publications, lectures and presentations of unique applications for ultrasound in clinical medicine, the provision of integrated medical imaging services in underserved geographies and communities, medical education in diagnostic radiology, and global advances in maternal and neonatal care. She is a champion of many projects for safety and quality of care in clinical radiology. In the international community, Dr. Destigter leverages her knowledge and experience through her participation as a member of the World Health Organization Referral Guidelines Development Group as part of the International Radiology Quality Network. In addition, she serves on the Radiology Society of North America Committee on International Relations and Education and the ACR Foundation’s International Outreach Committee. As a medical visionary and drawing upon her extensive experience in global applications of ultrasound, Dr. Destigter is the co-founder and President of Imaging the World, an organization dedicated to mitigating medical imaging deficiencies in the most under-resourced areas of the world using sustainable, low cost, technology-based solutions. As a result of this work, she is a recipient of Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Grand Challenges Explorations and Grand Challenges Canada grants. Dr. DeStigter was the Hampton Lecturer at Massachusetts General Hospital in 2013 and has been an invited lecturer on Global Radiology around the world. Dr. DeStigter received her B.S. in French and Biology from Calvin College, her M.D. from Case Western Reserve University, and completed her diagnostic imaging residency training as well as her body imaging fellowship training at University Hospitals of Cleveland, Ohio. She has four children.
- Dr. Lawrence Lau is a radiologist from Melbourne. He is a Past President of The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists and the Founding Chair of the International Radiology Quality Network (IRQN). He currently chairs the International Commission on Radiological Quality and Safety (ICRQS), a newly established Standing Committee of the ISR. In the last thirty years, he collaborated with other stakeholders in actions towards better quality, safety and more appropriate use of medical imaging.
Leon van Rensburg
- Medical degree in 1985, board certified in Radiology in 1989, in Catholic University of Sacred Heart School of Medicine of Rome.
- Fellow and then aggregate professor of Radiology in Radiology Dept. of the same University.
- Clinical practice in Policlinico A. Gemelli, Catholic University of Rome up to 2010, in Centro Oncologico Fiorentino of Florence from 2011 to 2012 and then in Complesso Integrato Columbus, Catholic University in Rome up to now.
- Professor of Cardiac Radiology in Radiology, Cardiology and in Cardiac Surgery post-graduate Schools of Catholic University of Sacred Heart.
- Professor of Cross-Section Imaging anatomy in School for Radiographers of Catholic University of Sacred Heart from 2008 to 2012.
- In 1991 he attended Cardiac MR unit of Royal Brompton Heart and Lung Institute of London, UK, for six months.
- Then he attended cardiac MR courses of American Heart Association in 1995 and 1997 and cardiac MR course of European Heart Association in 1996.
- In 2001 he visited the cardiac MR unit of University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA, directed by dr. Gerald Pohost.
Chief of cardio-vascular MR unit of Catholic University of Rome from 1997 to 2011.
- Chief of MRI unit of Catholic University of Rome from 2003 to 2011.
- Author of 75 papers published on indexed journals, 35 of them with IF, 1 book, 9 chapters of books and other 35 papers published on non-indexed journals.
- Speaker in many national and international congresses, workshops and courses, mainly in cardiac imaging field.
- Member of many international scientific Society: RSNA, ARRS, ECR, ESMRMB, AHA, SCMR, SCCT, NASCI, ESCR, ESTI.
- Active member of cardiac imaging group of Italian Society of Medical Radiology (SIRM) and Italian Society of Cardiology (SIC).
- Past president of Cardiac Radiology Working Group of the Italian Society of Cardiac Radiology.
- President of the Educational Committee of the European Society of Cardiac Radiology.
- Member of the Educational Cardiac Subcommittee of Radiological Society of North America from 2011 to 2014.
- Chair of Cardiac Radiology Committee in the 2012 European Congress of Radiology.
- Body CT and MRI, Chest Radiology, Cardiac Radiology and Oncologic Radiology are his fields in clinical practice.
- His research field is mainly represented by cardiac MRI, with focus on ischemic heart disease, cardiomyopathies and valvular heart diseases, and oncologic imaging, with focus on perfusion and diffusion MRI for the treatment response assessment.
- Director, Diagnostic Imaging Department Hospital Clínic of Barcelona
- Lluís Donoso-Bach was born in Sabadell (Barcelona) in 1955. He received his MD from the School of Medicine of the Autonomous University of Barcelona in 1981. He completed his residency in radiology at the Hospital de Sant Pau in Barcelona. He earned a PhD in medicine from the Autonomous University of Barcelona in 1992. Dr Donoso was appointed Chairman of the Radiology Department of the UDIAT Diagnostic Centre in 1992, becoming Executive Director in 1998. Since 2006 he has also led the Diagnostic Imaging Department at the Hospital Clínic of Barcelona and has served as Professor of Radiology at the University of Barcelona.
- Prof. Donoso-Bach has been involved in many research projects. Early in his career, his research activity focused on abdominal imaging, especially on liver disease. The emphasis has shifted to digital imaging and the development and implementation of IT in diagnostic radiology. Under his leadership, a large R &D team was built at the UDIAT, leading to several patents and products widely used all over Spain. Dr Donoso has given numerous lectures at prestigious universities, congresses, and courses. Altogether he has published over 90 articles and seven book chapters.
Prof. Donoso-Bach has always been active in the professional societies, from the regional to the international level. He served as Vice-President of the Spanish Society for Diagnostic Radiology (SERAM) from 1998 to 2002 and as President from 2002 to 2006. From 2012 to 2014 he was the Secretary General of the International Society of Radiology. Since 2000, he has served the European Society of Radiology (ESR) in various capacities; he is currently the 1st ESR Vice-President. Moreover, he is the President of the Spanish Foundation of Radiology.
- Prof. Donoso-Bach has received numerous honors for his contributions to the discipline, including the Gold Medal of the Spanish Society of Radiology and honorary memberships in the Argentinean Society of Radiology, the Chilean Society of Radiology, the Mexican Federation of Radiology, the Italian Society of Radiology, the French Society of Radiology, the German Society of Radiology, the Mexican Society of Radiology and the Serbian Society of Radiology
- 15 gold medals and 7 cash prizes in MBBS
- Gold medal in DNB
- Second rank in university in MD
- Prof Lakhanpal gold medal for young achiever in radiology
- Musculoskeletal MRI
- Lecturer in LTMG hospital from 2000 to 2002
- Consultant in MRI dept ,Dr Balabhai Nanavati hospital from 2002 to till date
- Consultant in Innovision Imaging from September 2013 to till date
- MBBS ( MYSORE UNIVERSITY)
- MD ( MUMBAI UNIVERSITY)
- DNB ( National Board of Examinations)
- More than 100 lectures in various local, state & national conferences
- 26 publications in national & international journals, out of which 15 are in pubmed indexed journals
- Musculoskeletal MRI at National University Hospital, Singapore in Aug 2007.
- DMRE by College of Physicians & surgeons, Mumbai
- National Academic Qualification as Associate Professor in Radiology (year 2014)
- Assistant professor in radiology (years 2012-2014)
- PhD in Cardiovascular imaging (year 2010)
- Master Degree in Advanced Cardiovascular imaging (year 2004)
- Winner of a Marie Curie Fellowship under the high patronage of the European Commission with a 9 month period of training spent in Leuven (Belgium; years 2003-2004).
- Member of the Scientific Subcommittee board of the European Society of Cardiac Radiology (ESCR; years 2011-2014)
- Member of the scientific board of the Italian sub-society of Cardiac Radiology (SIRM) since 2011
- Editorial board of the journal “European Radiology”, cardiac imaging section (years 2013-2015)
- Coordinator of the Italian registries of cardiac MR and cardiac CT in 2011-13 (almost 8000 patients enrolled; study submitted as first author)
- ESOR (European school of radiology) faculty member and invited lecturer since 2009
- ECR refresher course and faculty member in cardiac imaging since 2010
- ESCR faculty and invited lecturer (since 2007)
- CIRSE (cardiovascular and interventional radiological society) faculty and invited lecturer (since 2009)
- SIRM (Società italiana di radiologia medica) lecturer and refresher courser since 2005
- European Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine and Biology (ESMRMB) faculty and invited lecturer year 2012
- Author of more then 200 scientific presentations lectures at all most important international radiological and cardiological courses including RSNA, ECR, ESCR and American college of cardiology (ACC) annual meetings.
- Designed European ESOR selected speaker for the “ESR-meets-China” course in 2012
by the ESOR (European school of radiology)
- Cardiac imaging invited honorary lecture in the celebration day for the centenarium of the Italian society of Radiology (Centenario SIRM, Milan October 2013)
- Winner of 9 scientific Awards for the quality of scientific content and presentations at ESCR and ECR and ACC annual meetings including the MELVIN JUDKINS YOUNG INVESTIGATOR AWARD IN CARDIOVASCULAR RADIOLOGY (American College of Cardiology 2009) and the Best Scientific presentation @ European congress of Radiology (year 2008)
- Scientific reviewer for the journals European Radiology, European Journal of Radiology, European Heart Journal, Journal of Cardiac Failure, International Journal of Cardiology, International Journal of cardiovascular imaging, Investigative Radiology, Italian Heart Journal and the Italian Journal of Cardiology.
Maria Andronikou Zouvani
Marilyn J. Siegel
- American College of Radiology (Member 1977-1989; Fellow 1989- )
Pediatric Disease Subcommittee, Committee on Professional Self-Evaluation and Continuing Education (1983-2001); Chairman (1989-1993); Associate editor, 1995-2000.
- Committee on Residency Training in Diagnostic Radiology (1992- 2005; Chairman 1995- 2005)
- Teaching Module Subgroup, Media Committee for the Radiology Centennial (1993-1995)
- Commission on Research and Technology Assessment (1994-1999)
- Commission on Education (1995- )
- American College of Radiology Imaging Network (1998- )
- Pediatrics Committee (Chairman 1998- 2005)
- Editorial Review Board for Education Projects (2000- )
- Commission on CT Accreditation (2003- )
- Radiological Society of North America (Active Member 1979- )
- Refresher Course Committee, Chair Subsection Pediatrics (1997- 2002)
- Visiting International Professor Program (2003-2010)
- Research and Education Individual Giving Subcommittee (2007-2013)
- Public Information Advisors Network (PIAN) 2011-
- Society of Pediatric Radiology (Member 1979- )
- Nominating Committee (1988-1991)
- American Roentgen Ray Society (Member 1982- )
- Case of the Day Chairman (1989)
- Refresher Course Committee, Chair Subsection Pediatrics (2001-2005)
- International Outreach Committee 2011-
- Association of University Radiologists (Member 1982-95)
- Society of Computed Body Tomography (Member 1985- )
- Membership Committee (1992-)
- Secretary-treasurer (1996-1998)
- Vice-President (1998-1999)
- President Elect (1999-2000 )
- President (2000-2001)
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (Active Member 1994- 2004)
- Convention Program Committee (1996-1999)
- International Cancer Imaging Society (Active Member 1998-)
- Treasurer (1998-2000)
- Children’s Oncology Group (1995-)
- Chair, Imaging Committee 2008-
Mark Rudouph Paul Nazareth
Mark E Schweitzer
- 1988-1990 State University of New York at Stony Brook, NY Assistant Clinical Instructor ,Radiology Department
- 1990-1991 University of California, San Diego ,La Jolla, CA, Clinical Instructor Radiology
- 1991-1993 Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Philadelphia, PA ,Assistant Professor of Radiology Radiology Department/MRI Division
- 1994-1998 Thomas Jefferson University Hospital ,Philadelphia, PA ,Associate Professor of Radiology ,Radiology Department/MRI Division
- 1995-1998 Thomas Jefferson University Hospital ,Philadelphia, PA ,Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- 1998-2003 Thomas Jefferson University Hospital ,Philadelphia, PA, Professor of Radiology
- 1998-2003 Thomas Jefferson University Hospital,Philadelphia, PA,Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- 2003-present New York University, New York, NY ,Professor of Radiology
- 2003-present New York University ,New York, NY Professor of Orthopedic Surgery
- 1988-1990 Winthrop University Hospital,Mineola, NY, Radiology House Officer,Administrator Radiology Float Service
- 1991-2003 Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Philadelphia, PA ,Osteoradiology, MRI
- 2003-present Hospital for Joint Disease/Orthopaedic Institute New York, NY
- 2003-present Tisch/NYU Medical Center
- 2003-present Bellevue Hospital
Mark Rudouph Paul Nazareth
- Specialist in Radiology; Specialist in Nuclear Medicine
- Head of the Department for Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology
- Medical Graduation and Other Professional Training:
- 1985-1992 Philipps-University Marburg Medical School
- 1993 Doctor thesis in Orthopedics at Philipps-University Marburg
- 1992 – 1995 Residency in Cardiology (Prof. Fleck) German Heart Institute Berlin (DHZB)
- 1995 – 2000 Research fellowship and specialist training in Diagnostic Radiology, Charité Berlin (Prof. Felix)
- 27/06/2000 End of specialist training in Radiology (Facharztausbildung in „Diagnostischer Radiologie“)
- 04/00-04/02 Research fellowship in Nuclear Medicine (Prof. Eichstädt), Charité, Berlin
- 11/02 „Habilitation“ in Diagnostic Radiology (Assistant Professor of Radiology)
- 12/2003 End of specialist training in Nuclear Medicine (Facharztausbildung in „Nuklearmedizin“)
- 7/2002 Senior Consultant in Diagnostic Radiology (CT/MRI/conventional radiology)
- Since 16.08.07 Head of the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology University Leipzig / Leipzig Heart Center and
- Professorship for Cardiovascular Imaging at the University of Leipzig
- Professor of Radiology, American University of Beirut Medical Center
- Fellow, The Royal College of Radiologists, London
- Member, Société Française de Radiologie
- Past President, Lebanese Society of Radiology
- Founding Member, Past President and Secretary General, Pan Arab Association of Radiological Societies
- Founding Member, Arab School of Radiology
- Editor, textbook on “Imaging of Parasitic Diseases” published by Springer 2008, Germany
- 1982/83: Internship in neurology, surgery and internal medicine, hospital of BHB, Graz, Austria and UKH Graz, Austria, as well as general hospital Knittelfeld, Styria, Austria
- 9 months at the emergency ambulance (”Notarzt”), Red Cross, Graz, Austria
- Rotation at various Departments (pediatrics, ear-nose-throat, obstetrics and gynecology, surgery, psychosomatics …), University Hospital Graz, Austria
- 1984: ”General Practitioner” (= family doctor)
- 1984 – 1991: Specialization in Pediatrics at the Dept. of Pediatrics, University Hospital Graz
- from 1988: In charge of the subsection ”pediatric sonography” at the Dept. of Pediatrics
- 1990 – 1994: In charge of Pediatric Radiology at the Dept. of Pediatrics, University Hospital Graz (plain film, fluoroscopy, ultrasound)
- 1991: Appointed member of the pediatric and neonatal ECMO team at the Dept. of Pediatrics
- 1992: ”Diploma on Neonatal Emergencies” (”Notarztdekret”) for neonatal intensive care Diploma for Psychosocial and Psychotherapeutic Medicine
- 1993: 8 months at the Div. of Nuclear Medicine, Dept. of Radiology, Graz
- March 1994: ”Habilitation” in Pediatrics (Dozent für Kinderheilkunde = equivalent to assoc. Prof. of Pediatrics), Karl Franzens University, Graz
- 1994 – 1998: Specialization in Radiology, further work in Pediatric Radiology, which is the main working area since having achieved the subspecialty qualification for Pediatric Radiology
- 1998: Appointed head of the section “Ultrasound” at the Div. of Pediatric Radiology, Dept. of Radiology, University Hospital LKH Graz
- March 1999: ”Habilitation” in Radiology (Dozent für Radiologie = equivalent to assoc. Prof. of Radiology), Karl Franzens University, Graz May 2000: Honorary Professorship at the Karl Franzens University Graz (“tit ao. Prof.”)
- Nov. 2000: Successful completion of a postgraduate management education course (“management in heath care, health systems and hospitals”)
- March 2006: Full Univ. Prof. at the Medical University Graz, Austria
Mirvat El Gohary
Mohamed Abou El-Ghar
- Dr. Mohamed Abou El-Ghar holds master degree and doctorate degree of radiodiagnosis. He is currently Professor of Radiodiagnosis at Urology & Nephrology center, Mansoura University-Egypt. Over the past 10 years he has published 67 peer-reviewed scientific articles in international journals and also published 43 conference papers. Dr. Abou El-Ghar contributing in 14 book chapters in addition he is a reviewer in many radiology journals and member of the editorial board of World Journal of Radiology, he has 38 presentations in national and international scientific meetings, he is member in many national and international radiology societies and received many national and international awards. He is mainly interested in uroradiology specially MRI and CT.
Mohammed Abu El-Hoda
Mohamed Amr Farouk
Mohamed Ben Hamouda
Mohamed El Sayed El Azzazi
Professional Experience — Employment History
- Associate Professor, Dammam university 2/ 2011 – until present
- Consultant Radiology ,Department of radiology,,King Fahad university hospital- Dammam.
- Associate Professor 1/ 2011- until present ,Department of radiology ,Al-Azhar University,Cairo, Egypt
- Visiting professorship 10/2007 – 2009 ,Body imaging , UNC, Chapel Hill, U.S.
- Lecturer 6/2005 -1/2011 ,Department of radiology ,Al-Azhar University , Cairo, Egypt
- Neuroradiology and MSK visiting Fellow 2/2001- 02/2003 ,Department of radiology ,Yale university school of medicine,U.S
Mohamed El Fortia
Mohamed El Sayed Abd El Hady
Mohamed El Tomy
Mohamed El Toukhy
Mohamed Hafez Shaaban
Mohamed Hamdy Zahran
Mohamed Ould Beddi
Mohamed Sami Barakat
Mokhtar El Zamzamy
Mona El Sebelgy
- The clinician meets a different spectrum of breast symptoms and findings in managing breast problems as mastalgia, lumpiness, lump, change in texture, nipple discharge or distortion, and axillary lump. Management of these breast findings depend on triple assessment: clinical, imaging and biopsy (histopathological). The challenges in making correct diagnosis and appropriate further management are going to be presented
- Chief, Imaging Institute, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Moulay Meziane, MD, is Chief of the Imaging Institute at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi and Clinical Professors of Radiology at the Cleveland Clinic Learner College of CWRU.
- Previously, Dr. Meziane served as the Head of Thoracic Imaging at Cleveland Clinic for 25 years from 1987 through 2011. An internationally renowned radiologist, Dr. Meziane is an expert in HRCT of the lung, lung biopsies, interstitial lung disease, occupational lung disease and lung cancer.
- He was the principal investigator in a recently completed clinical trial evaluating computer aided detection and low dose CT for the early detection of lung cancer.
- A native of Algeria, Dr. Meziane is a graduate of the University of Algiers and completed his residency in diagnostic radiology at Johns Hopkins Hospital in the US. Dr. Meziane has authored more than 70 publications including book chapters, peer reviewed articles and exhibits. He has given over 200 lectures at international meetings. He has been named best teacher and has been listed in Best Doctors in America since 1996 and America’s Top Radiologists since 2006.
Moulay Rachid El Hassani
Muhammad Umer Nasir
Muneera Al Adwani
Nadia Farouk El Ameen
Naglaa Abdel Razek
- Dr. Naglaa Abdel Razek is a graduate of Cairo University faculty of medicine the year 1993 and completed her studies for the MD in Radiology from the Cairo university in the year 2003. Since that date she is working as a staff member in the radiology department and she was nominated as a professor of radiology since May 2013. She is working in the breast radiology field since 1998 till present , she received external training in France, Germany & Italy .She is the head of the breast unit in Alfa Scan centers .Her experience is 7000 mammography /year , 500 MRI breast /year .2000 interventional procedure /year .She is one of the most recognized radiologists in Egypt working in the field of breast cancer screening, diagnosis and intervention. She introduced to Egypt the technique of non-invasive removal of benign tumors of the breast using the VAB (vacuum assisted biopsies) & BLES (Breast lesion excision system). Dr. Naglaa is working among an international European group in an international multicenter study to set the guidelines for using the BLES. Dr Naglaa is an active member in the Women’s Health Outreach Program at the Ministry of Health. She is an active member and Board member of many National & International societies, She is the Assistant Secretary General of the Egyptian Society of Women Imaging and Health care & she is an international Board member of the American Association of Women Radiologists. Also Dr.Naglaa is the Head of the Radiology committee of the breast gynecology international cancer society (BGICS) & she is an active member in the European society of Breast Imaging (EUSOBI). Dr Naglaa has many national and international publications and has presented many presentations in national and international conferences especially concerned with breast cancer. Dr. Naglaa’s favorite mission is to fight breast cancer.
- Prof. Of Radio-diagnosis – Cairo University
- Professor of Radiodiagnosis – Cairo University
- Nov 2012-till date Staff Pediatric Radiologist ,Assistant Professor of Radiology ,Medical Imaging Department,Montreal Children Hospital,McGill University Health Center,2300 Tupper Street, Montreal, QC ,H3H 1P3,Canada
- Aug 2005-2010 Specialist Radiologist ,Radiology Nuclear Medicine & Lab center , (YAICO ADAN diagnostic center/YIACO Medical company) Private Sector company operating the Radiology Department El Adan Hospital(Ministry of Health Hospital),Kuwait
- Nov 1997-July 2005 Specialist Radiodiagnosis ,Ahmed Maher Teaching Hospital,Cairo, Egypt
- July 2012-Oct 2012 Research in Diagnostic Imaging Department ,Children Hospital of Eastern Ontario,Ottawa, ON
- July 2010-June 2012 Clinical Fellow in Pediatric Radiology ,Children Hospital of Eastern Ontario*,Ottawa, ON
- Oct 1992-1997 Registrar, Radiodiagnosis ,Ahmed Maher Teaching Hospital,Cairo, Egypt
- Mar 1990-Feb 1991 House Officer , Alexandria Main University Hospital, Alexandria
Nasr Mohamed Osman
Navin Kumar Manickam
Nehad Abdulrazzaq Kazim
- 1999 – Director of Chest and Abdominal Imaging, Department of Radiology, Pamukkale University Hospital, Denizli, TURKEY
- 1999-2003 Assistant Professor, Department of Radiology, Pamukkale University Hospital, Denizli, TURKEY
- 2003-2008 Associate Professor, Department of Radiology, Pamukkale University Hospital,Denizli, TURKEY
- 2008- Professor, Department of Radiology, Pamukkale University Hospital, Denizli, TURKEY
Nicholas Gourtsoyiannis, MD
- Professor Gourtsoyiannis is the Scientific/Educational Director of the European School of Radiology (ESOR).
- He is Professor Emeritus of the University of Crete, where he was Professor and Chairman of Department of Radiology between 1986 and 2010. He was also Dean of the Medical Faculty of the University of Crete between 1999 and 2003.
- He is the Immediate Past-President of the International Society of Radiology (ISR). He is also a former President of the European Society of Radiology (ESR), former President of the European Association of Radiology (EAR), former President of the European Congress of Radiology (ECR) and former President of the European Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology (ESGAR).
- He is a leading GI radiologist with great contributions to imaging of the diseases of the small intestine. He has more than 250 scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals, has edited four international books, has delivered more than 450 lectures worldwide and he has been Visiting Professor in 30 Universities.
- He has received numerous honors. He has been awarded honorary memberships by 27 national societies. He is a member of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences. He is a Honorary Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (UK) and Honorary Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Ireland).
- He is a Gold Medalist of the European Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology (ESGAR) and the European Society of Radiology (ESR), amongst others.
- Professor of Radiology, Université Bordeaux Segalen
- Chief of the “ Service d’Imagerie Diagnostique et Thérapeutique de l’Adulte”, Groupe Hospitalier Pellegrin, CHU de Bordeaux (1993)
- Member of Société Française de Radiologie (SFR)
- Member of Groupe de Recherche sur les Applications du Magnétisme en Médecine (GRAMM)
- Member of European Society of Uroradiology (ESUR)
- Board member from 1998 to 2004
- President 2000-2002
- Member of the European Society of Radiology (ESR) : member of the research committee, of biomarker committee
- Member of International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM)
- Member of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
- President of the European Society of Molecular and Functional Imaging Research (ESMOFIR)
Noha El Beheiry
Norran Hussein Said
- Since completing her studies at Cairo University and the Royal College of Radiology, Dr Norran Hussein Said has become one of the foremost voices on women’s medicine and has been a visionary in breast cancer prevention in Egypt. As the former Executive Director of the Breast Cancer Foundation in Egypt (BCFE), the and former Director of Women’s Imaging at Cairo Radiology Center (CairoScan), she also contributed with substantial work at the Ministry of Health and has become a passionate expert in breast MRI, digital mammography, breast ultrasound and interventional procedures.
- Bettering the health and lives of women has constantly been her driving ambition; in that vein she co-founded The Egyptian Society of Women’s Imaging and Health Care in 2005. In 2007, the National Breast Screening Program was introduced and she was handpicked to join the screening team at the Women’s Health Outreach Program funded and created by the Ministry of Health. She is also acting treasurer of the program’s official NGO; the National Foundation for Breast Cancer Elimination.
- She was awarded the Derek Harwood Nash Fellowship by the Radiological Society of North America for training at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard University. Her research continues to address challenges on both local and international levels, submitting studies on the Breast Cancer to the Radiological Society of North America, The American Society of Clinical Oncology and The European Society of Radiology.
- In addition to her experience in managerial roles in Manial Specialized Hospital, Cairo University Radiology Department and Cairo Scan, Dr Norran has developed her management skills by studying a Management Diploma at AUC.
- As the CEO of LHA, she continues to be at the forefront of changing how women view medicine in Egypt by using her vast knowledge of women’s health issues and the delicate process it involves toward creating a safe haven for women to heal and grow.
- M.D. of Radiology, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
- Professor of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
- Consultant A Radiologist, GMC Hospital, Ajman, UAE.
- “Attache” at Hopital Sud, Rennes University, France in 1990.
- Specialist Radiologist in National Jeddah Hospital, Jeddah, KSA in 1993.
- Consultant Radiologist in Bugshan Hospital, Jeddah, KSA in 2003-2005.
- Supervisor for 7 MD Thesis and 17 Master Thesis.
- Published 18 papers of Radio-diagnostic subjects in CT, Doppler and MRI.
Paul H. Ellenbogen
- Born in Port Chester, NY. Undergraduate degree, from Brown University, Providence, R. I. Medical degree, from the State University of New York Downstate. Internship, diagnostic radiology residency, and fellowship in Ultrasound and GU radiology- all at University of California San Diego.
- Dr. Ellenbogen moved to Dallas, Texas in July 1978 . He is a partner in Radiology Associates of North Texas. Dr. Ellenbogen served as Chairman of Radiology at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas for 7 years. He is also a Clinical Professor of Radiology at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Dallas, Southwestern Medical School.
- A past President and Gold Medalist of the Texas Radiological Society, he has been involved with the ACR since 1992. He has served as an Alternate Councilor, Councilor and member of the Council Steering Committee. Vice Speaker and then Speaker of the Council 2001-2005. ACR Treasurer 2006-2010.
- Member of the Board of Chancellors for the past 11 years- he is currently Chairman of the ACR Board of Chancellors. Dr. Ellenbogen is a Fellow of the ACR and also holds fellowship in the American Institute for Ultrasound in Medicine and the Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound.
- Per Skaane, MD, PhD graduated from the University Tuebingen, Germany in 1970, made the American «Educational Council for Foreign Medical Graduates» (ECFMG) examination in 1970, and received the Norwegian authorization in 1972. Following fellowship in Pathology (18 months), Psychiatry (one year) and Surgery-Gynecology/Obstetrics (3 years), his specialization in Diagnostic Radiology was done at the University of Tuebingen 1977-1981 and at the Oslo University Hospital Ullevaal 1981-1984. He received his PhD degree (medical thesis: Ultrasonography as adjunct to mammography in the evaluation of breast tumors) from the University of Oslo 1999. Since 2001 dr. Skaane is a professor of Radiology at the Oslo University Hospital Ullevaal.
- Dr. Skaane has experience in diagnostic mammography since 1982. He was appointed head of the Breast Cancer Screening Program in Oslo when this was implemented January 1996, and he has been the leader of this mammography screening program 1996-2014. Since 1996 he has been working with both clinical and screening mammography, breast ultrasound, as well as interventional breast procedures and breast MRI. He has been Head of the Advisory Board of the Norwegian Breast Cancer Screening Program, and is a member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Mammography Screening Program in Germany. He is Breast Editor of Acta Radiologica, and has been Reviewer for several international journals.
- Dr. Skaane is the author of many peer-reviewed publications and is a well-known speaker at international conferences. He has been the Principal Investigator (PI) of prospective trials comparing screen-film mammography (SFM) and full-field digital mammography (FFDM) in breast cancer screening (the Oslo I and Oslo II studies). Currently, he is conducting (as PI) the large prospective trial comparing FFDM and digital breast tomosynthesis in breast cancer screening (the Oslo Tomosynthesis Screening Trial).
- He is a member and an honorary member of several national and international societies.
Pilar Balakrishna Shetty
- M.D. Radio-diagnosis from Punjab in 1989
- Diplomate National Board of Radio-Diagnosis
- Visiting Fellowships in M.R.I.: UniversityCollege of San Francisco
LomaLindaHospital, Los Angeles
Kootentai Medical Centre, N.Idaho
Edison Imaging Centre, New Jersey
- GOLD MEDAL for Dr. Ashok Mukerjee Memorial Lecture during Roentgen Centenary Celebrations and 49th Annual Congress of I.R.I.A. in 1995
- BRACCO International Sponsorship to the 85th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA’99).
- Delievered M.S.Dwivedi Oration 2012
- Invited Speaker and Faculty at many National and International scientific meetings,including ‘ESR meets India’ in 2007 and ‘India Presents’ during RSNA in 2011.
Work Experience ( Post M.D.)
- May 1989 – April 1991: Registrar, Apollo Hospitals, Madras.
- 1991 Onwards : Director of Imaging, Vasant Visions Diagnostics, New-Delhi.
- June 1991 – June 2003 : Senior Consultant & Head, Deptt. of M.R.I. ,Diwan Chand Satyapal Aggarwal Imaging ,Research Centre, New-Delhi.
- July 2003 onwards : Senior Consultant – in – charge of M.R.I.,Goyal MRI & Diagnostic Center, New-Delhi.
- President, Indian Radiological & Imaging Association for the Year 2013.
- President-Elect, Indian Radiological & Imaging Association for the Year 2012.
- Vice-President, Indian Radiological & Imaging Association for the Year 2011.
- Secretary General, Indian Radiological & Imaging Association from 2007 to 2010.
- Joint Secretary of Indian Radiological & Imaging Association from 2001 to 2006.
- Founder member of Asian Oceanian Society of Neuroradiology and Head & Neck Radiology ( AOSNHNR )
- National delegate for AOSNHNR meetings held at Japan, Taipei, Adelaide, Seoul, and Shanghai.
- Completed medical school and radiology residency from Trivandrum Medical college, India in 2005. After working for 5 years as consultant radiologist in India, pursued further subspecialty training in USA. Did 1 year fellowship in neuroradiology in Medical university of south Carolina, USA. Subsequently did another year of pediatric radiology fellowship in George Washington university, USA. Has been working at Rashid hospital, Dubai since October 2013. Special areas of interest are stroke imaging, epilepsy imaging and fetal MRI.
- M.B.B.S – Maulana Azad Medical College (Gold Medalist)
- M.D (Radiology) – All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Fellowship in Abdominal Imaging from Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard University, Boston, USA
- Presently working as Professor of Radio-diagnosis at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India since 2008
- Member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences, India
- Country representative in the International Committee of RSNA for Asia-Oceanic Region
- J.C Bose Orator at Annual IRIA conference 2014, Agra
- Member Dean Research Committee at AIIMS 2014
- Was Chairman of the Scientific Committee for the 64th National Conference of IRIA 2011 held in New Delhi
- President’s Appreciation Award from Delhi Branch of IRIA
- Past-President Delhi State Branch of IRIA (2006-2007)
- Was Chairman Scientific Committee IRIA Delhi Imaging Update 2012
- Major area of interest is Body Imaging, Abdominal Imaging, Abdominal MRI
- Published more than 170 articles in indexed journals
- Contributed 28 chapters to books
- Section Editor for Radiology for the API textbook of Medicine 2011 & 2013
- Have lectured extensively in Annual Conferences & CMEs organized by IRIA and Indian Society of Gastroenterology & GI Surgery
- Reviewer for: Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, European Radiology, Pancreatology, Indian J Pediatrics, Indian J Medical Oncology, Indian J Radiology & Imaging, National Medical J India, Indian J Gastroenterology, Tropical Gastroenterology, World J Gastroenterology
- Editorial Board Member of World J of Gastroenterology
- Expert member for intramural funding for research projects at AIIMS
- Co-investigator in five ongoing research projects.
- Following a 15 months fellowship in musculoskeletal radiology at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Oxford, I was appointed as Consultant Radiologist at University hospital of Wales in Cardiff and honorary clinical teacher at Cardiff University for 5 years. I am currently working as consultant radiologist at Oxford university hospitals, Nuffield orthopaedic centre. I have expertise in magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasound, computed tomography and image-guided diagnostic and therapeutic musculoskeletal interventional procedures. I teach in national and international courses. I have published articles and abstracts in the medical literature and I am regularly asked to peer review articles for national and international journals. I was selected to be one of the experienced radiologists who provided the diagnostic imaging service for the Olympic athletes during London 2012 Olympic Games. I teach anatomy and Radiology to undergraduate and postgraduate Oxford University medical students. I am a member of the European and British Skeletal Societies
Rania Farouk El Sayed
- Lecturer at the Radiodiagnosis Department – Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University Egypt
Expertise and research interests:
- Pelvic floor dysfunction (static and dynamic MR techniques and images)
- Anorectal malformation, conjoined twins (pre and postoperative)
- Perineal trauma (male, female and children)
Rania Esam-El-Dein Mohamed
- Prof. Rasha Kamal Fouad, Professor of Radiology, Women’s Imaging Unit – Cairo University. Graduated from Cairo University Medical School in 1987 and was granted the Doctor Degree in Radiology in 1998. Cairo University is one of the largest, oldest, and most prestigious Medical Schools in Africa and the Middle East. Dr. Kamal is also the Deputy Manager of the “Women’s Health Outreach Program” since 2007. Through her work there, she received the “United Nations Public Service Award” for promoting gender responsive delivery of public services (first place winners) in the years 2011 and 2013. Being inspired by teaching, she is also a member of the continuous teaching programs in the field of women’s health and imaging that are given out through Cairo University, the Ministry of Health, The Egyptian National Training Institute, the Egyptian Fellowship of Radiology, and the Egyptian Society of Radiology.
- She has carried out many research work in the field of Women’s Imaging with 16 national and 9 International publications as well as several electronic posters and oral presentations presented in National and International Conferences (ECR, RSNA, ASCO and ESUR).
- Technical officer at Nuclear Medicine and Diagnostic Imaging Section at International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna, Austria. Engaged in Building capacity in Member States of IAEA in the field of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine. Current area of focus are hybrid imaging, breast imaging and intervention radiology for Member States of IAEA.
- Worked for over 20 years, till Oct 2009, in a research, academic and clinical environment in Imaging Sciences at Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences, New Delhi, India.
- About 150 Publications and six patents. Has been Secretary General of Asia Oceania Federation of Nuclear Medicine and Biology.(2004-2008), Editor in Chief of Indian Journal of Nuclear Medicine (2000-2009), Commonwealth Medical Fellow at St Bartholomew’s Hospital, London (1995 -96), Fellow of International Academy of Medical Sciences & recipient of Homi Bhabha Memorial Oration Award for the year 2009 – are some of his salient contributions/ achievements in the Imaging field.
- Staff Neuroradiologist at the Radiology Department of Hospital Beneficência Portuguesa – São Paulo Brazil, a not-for-profit Community Hospital with 1100 beds, providing secondary and tertiary level assistance in several medical specialties from, 1980 through 1995.
- At Beneficencia Portuguesa was one of the creators, organizers and coordinators of one of the most respected radiological training centers in Brazil, with excellence in diagnostic and interventional imaging.
Head of Neuroradiology at the Department of Radiology of Hospital Beneficência Portuguesa –São Paulo Brazil from 1996 through 2010.
- Diagnosticos da America S.A.
São Paulo Radiology Director
DASA is a private-owned company (www.dasa.com.br) that provides diagnostic imaging in Brazil.
Medical Director in São Paulo, leads more than five hundred radiologists in several areas of radiology, but with a focus on Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- Distinguished Professor of Radiology & Otolaryngology
R. C. Willey Chair in Neuroradiology
University of Utah School of Medicine
- Dr. “Ric” Harnsberger is both Professor of Radiology at the University Of Utah School Of Medicine and the CEO of Amirsys Inc. He is an internationally recognized expert in Head & Neck Imaging who has published over 200 articles and 10 books in this area over a 30-year academic career. In 2003 he published Pocket Radiologist: Head & Neck, Top 100 Diagnoses and Pocket Radiologist: Temporal Bone, Top 100 Diagnoses. In 2004 he produced the textbook Diagnostic Imaging: Head and Neck which has become the best selling textbook in the field of Head & Neck Radiology. In 2006 the he and his author team created the preferred imaging anatomy textbook Diagnostic and Surgical Imaging Anatomy: Brain, Head & Neck and Spine. In 2009 he published Expert Differential Diagnosis: Head & Neck and in 2010 Diagnostic Imaging: Head & Neck 2nd Ed. His most recent book Specialty Imaging: The Temporal Bone published in 2013.
- A graduate of UCLA Medical School, Dr. Harnsberger did his radiology residency at the University Of Utah School Of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah. Fellowships in Body Imaging, Head & Neck Imaging and Neuroradiology followed. His major area of research interest is centered on the use of high-resolution MR imaging of diseases of the inner ear and cerebellopontine angle. In 1994 he wrote his 1st book, the Head and Neck Imaging Handbook which became the preferred quick reference guide to head & neck imaging. Between 1998 & 2001, he led a medical informatics research team (EMERG) with a focus on radiologic decision support at the point of care. In 2000 Dr. Harnsberger received the RSNA Roentgen Centennial Fellow Award for his proposal entitled: “A Practical Radiologic Digital Teaching File Data Model”. In 2007 he served as President of the American Society of Head & Neck Radiology.
- Dr. Harnsberger currently is a Distinguished Professor of Radiology in the University of Utah, Department of Radiology. Since 2002 he has been the Chairman and CEO of AMIRSYS, Inc. in Salt Lake City, a medical electronic decision support and learning portal company for radiologists, pathologists, and anatomists. In 2005 Amirsys released the first of its kind radiologist decision support & reference system STATdx, a system now used daily by over 35,000 radiologists in 70 countries worldwide. In 2011 RADPrimer, a curriculum-based learning portal for radiologists was first introduced. RADPrimer is now used by the majority of radiology training programs in the USA.
Ricardo Garcia Monaco
- Was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, in 1958. He received his medical degree from the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Buenos Aires in 1981. Six years later he completed his residency at the Hospital Italiano (University of Buenos Aires). In 1988, he started his 3-year fellowship in angiography and interventional radiology at the Bicêtre Hospital and the Institute Gustave Roussy in France. In the same year he passed the board examination in radiology, a degree which was conceded to him by the National Ministry of Health. In 1990, he received his diploma in magnetic resonance from the University of Paris. Prof. Garcia-Mónaco is member of numerous professional organizations such as RSNA, ESR, SFR, SCVIR, ISSSR, ISSVA and CIRSE. In 2002 he received the honorary membership of the SIRM (Societa Italiana de Radiologia) and in 2005 of the European Society of Radiology. In 2008 he became National Honorary Member of the Sociedad Argentina de Radiología, and in 2009 Honorary Member of the Societé Francaise de Radiologie. In 2011, he became Honorary Member of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA), first time such an honor is given to an argentine radiologist. In 2013 he elected as Chairman of the RSNA Regional Committee for Latin America of the International Advisory Committee (2013-2016), and in 2014 became Fellow of the Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR).In 1992, he started to act as head of Interventional Radiology and Endovascular Therapy at the Hospital Italiano; four year.
- Dr. Baron is currently Professor of Radiology and former chair of radiology at the University of Chicago (2002-2011) and former Dean for Clinical Practice (2011-2013). Prior to coming to Chicago, Dr. Baron served on the faculties of the University of Pennsylvania and the University of Washington and was chairman of the Department of Radiology at the University of Pittsburgh from 1992 – 1999.
- Dr. Baron completed his undergraduate education at Yale University, and graduated from the Washington University, St. Louis School of Medicine in 1976. Following an internship in internal medicine at Yale, he completed his radiology residency and fellowship at the Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology at Washington University.
- Dr. Baron has published extensively over the past 35 years in the area of liver and biliary tract imaging with 140 journal publications, 1 book, and 28 book chapters. Dr. Baron has been the recipient of numerous awards for his research, including the Hounsfield Award from the Society of Computed Body Tomography and Magnetic Resonance, The Roscoe Miller Award from the Society of Gastrointestinal Radioloigsts, and the Cannon Medal from the Society of Abdominal Radiology. His educational and scientific exhibits have multiple times been awarded magna cum laude and cum laude awards from the RSNA and Gold, Silver and Bronze awards from the American Roentgen Ray Society. He has served as visiting professor at over 50 institutions worldwide and delivered numerous named lectures nationally and abroad. International organizations have bestowed upon him honorary memberships (La Sociedad Argentina de Radiologia and the Federacion Argentina de Asociaciones de Radiologia, Diagnostico por Imagenes y Terapia Radiante; Sociedad Chilena de Radiologia) and honorary fellowship (European Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology). He has served as an associate editor for Radiology and for Liver Transplantation and served in leadership roles for multiple national North American radiology societies, including serving as president of the Society of Computed Body Tomography/Magnetic Resonance and the Society of Gastrointestinal Radiologists and is currently Chairman of the RSNA Board of Directors.
Richard H. Cohan
- Dr. Richard Cohan is a Professor of Radiology at the University of Michigan. He received his undergraduate degree at Harvard College in 1975 and then completed medical school at New York University in 1979. Following a residency in Diagnostic Radiology at the same institution, he completed a fellowship in Abdominal Imaging and Interventional Radiology at Duke University, where he briefly served as staff until moving to Michigan. He has worked as an abdominal imager and, in particular, as a genitourinary tract radiologist throughout this time period. He has participated in many research projects concerning the use of iodinated and gadolinium-based contrast media and the imaging of neoplasms of the genitourinary tract, including renal and urothelial cancer. He has been Associate Chair of Education of his Department since 1998 and has served as Director of the Residency Training Program at the University of Michigan for 12 years. He has served as the Chair of the Committee on Drugs and Contrast Media for the American College of Radiology for the past six years. He has honored to have been able to serve as President of the Society of Uroradiology (in 2007) and to been selected for honorary membership in the European Society of Urogenital Radiology. His interests and activities apart from radiology include helping his wife raise four children and classical music.
Richard A. Leder
- Assistant Professor ,Department of Radiology ,Division of Abdominal Imaging ,Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina , July 1989 – May 1995
- Associate Professor, Department of Radiology, Division of Abdominal Imaging ,Duke University Medical Center , Durham, North Carolina ,June 1995 – June 1999
- Associate Clinical Professor , Department of Radiology , Division of Abdominal Imaging
Duke University Medical Center , Durham, North Carolina , July 1999 – July 2006
- Clinical Associate , Department of Surgery , Duke University Medical Center , Durham, North Carolina , October 1999 – July 2006
- Associate Professor, Track IV , Department of Radiology , Division of Abdominal Imaging , Duke University Medical Center ,Durham, North Carolina , July 2006 – Present
- Medical Instructor, Department of Surgery , Duke University Medical Center , Durham, North Carolina , July 2006 – Present
- Dr. Robert Hermans studied medicine at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium. He has spent practical training periods in several hospitals in Belgium and South-Africa. He was promoted with distinction to medical doctor (M.D.) in 1987.
- After his medical studies, he entered the radiology training programme at the University Hospitals of Leuven, Belgium, and became certified radiologist in 1991. He was appointed staff member in the Department of Radiology at the same institution in 1992. His primary interest is head and neck radiology.
- In 1998, he obtained the degree of doctor in medical sciences (PhD) at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, with a thesis on laryngeal cancer imaging.
- He was appointed assistant professor in 1998, and associate professor in 2000, in the faculty of Medicine of the same university. In 2004, he was promoted to full professor.
- Dr. Robert Hermans is member of several scientific societies, and served as president of the International Cancer Imaging Society (ICIS). He is also past-president of the Royal Belgian Society of Radiology (RBSR). Since 2010, he serves as editor-in-chief of Insights into Imaging, official journal of the European Society of Radiology (ESR).
- Dr. Robert Hermans authored about 180 articles and 40 book chapters, mainly on head and neck imaging, with a special focus on cancer imaging. He was also editor of 4 books on this topic.
- Dr. Robert Hermans was awarded a honorary membership of the Radiological Society of South Africa (RSSA), and a honorary fellowship of the Faculty of Radiologists of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI)
- Dr.Rola Shaheen is currently the Chief of Women’s imaging at Mafraq hospital, a major governmental hospital in Abu Dhabi where Dr.Shaheen is spearheading the planning for of breast imaging services and interventions through multidisciplinary approach at SEHA corporate-Abu Dhabi. She is also an instructor in Radiology at Harvard Medical School, graduated from the Faculty of Medicine of Jordan University-Amman and completed an internship and radiology residency at University of Toronto. She completed her women’s imaging fellowship at BIDMC-teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School. The majority of her practice is in women’s imaging with a focus on breast imaging and obstetrics and gynecology imaging. She serves as a consultant to WHO-EMRO for breast cancer screening in the region.
- Dr. Shaheen’s research interests include breast MRI and international public health projects focusing on early detection of breast cancer in the Middle East. In January 2011 Dr.Shaheen was appointed as the regional director for Middle East for Susan G Komen for the cure. She is leading a study on comparative baseline needs assessment for breast cancer awareness and management in the Middle East sponsored by Susan G Komen for the cure in collaboration with EMRO/WHO. Dr.Shaheen serves on multiple national and international advisory committees including the technical committee for the global task force for Harvard Global Equity Initiative, the Jordan breast cancer program and Women’s Cancer Foundation. Dr.Shaheen is an elected member of ARDMS for the global task force (EDTF) for breast examination in USA. Dr.Shaheen is also an active executive board member for the Middle East and North Africa partnership. She has given talks on gynecological ultrasound at national conferences such as the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) and Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound (SRU). She is a Cum Laude award winner for an educational exhibit at RSNA. In November 2011 Dr.Shaheen was honored by the Massachusetts Medical law report an award for promoting patient safety, quality and risk management in health care. Dr. Shaheen is devoted to teaching medical students & radiology residents at Harvard Medical School, international radiology residency programs as well as teaching global breast health course at Harvard School of Public Health. She has been an invited faculty speaker to national and international universities and is a longtime advocate for screening mammography and a believer in multidisciplinary clinical approach for management of cancer care under one roof.
Saeed Al Sayari
- Fellow in Non-Invasive Cardiac Imaging
Hospital of Basel University, Basel, Switzerland
Radiology Specialist, Mafraq Hospital , Abu Dhabi
- Jan. 2001 – Jan. 2002 Internship at Al Jaziera Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- Feb. 2002 – July 2002 Department of General Surgery, Al Jaziera Hospital
- Jan. 2003 – Nov. 2003 Department of General Surgery, Al Jaziera Hospital
- Nov. 2003 – Feb. 2004 Department of Urology, Mafraq Hospital
- Feb. 2004 – March 2004 Department of Plastic Surgery, Mafraq Hospital
- March 2004 – June 2004 Department of General Surgery, Al Jaziera Hospital
- June 2004 – Sep. 2004 Department of Paediatric Surgery, Al Jaziera Hospital
- Sep. 2004 – Dec. 2004 Department of Orthopaedics, Al Jaziera Hospital
- Jan. 2005 – Aug. 2005 Department of General Surgery, Mafraq Hospital
- March 2007 – June 2007 Dep. of General Surgery, University Hospital Aachen, Germany
- 01.01.2008 – 01.03.2013 Department of Radiology, Hospital Porz am Rhein (Academic University Teaching Hospital of Uni of Cologne), Germany
- 25.04.2013 – 27.08.2013 Dep. of Clinical Imaging, Mafraq Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- 01.09.2013 – current Department of Cardiothoracic Imaging, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Sahar Abdel Rady
- Professor of Radiology-Faculty of Medicine-Cairo University
- Fellow of University of Western Ontatio-Canada
- Sahar Saleem studied medicine at Kasr Al-Ainy Medical School of Cairo University (Cairo, Egypt) where she earned her Master degree and Medical Doctorate in Radiology. At University of Western Ontario (London (ON), Canada), Sahar did a post-doctoral Fellowship in Neuroradiology and another in Radiology Education and Research. She has been appointed the title of Professor of Radiology since 2009.
- Sahar is specialized in advanced imaging technology and its clinical applications. She is also a member of the international advisory group for Neuro-behcet’s disease. In 2002, Sahar introduced fetal MRI in Egypt and has been working intensely in this field since then. She proposed the first protocol to examine the heart in-utero and also focused on objective MRI examination and screening of fetal anomalies.
- Sahar presented her research studies in several international medical congresses where she received several awards such as Cum Laude, Certificates of Merit from Radiological Society of North America (RSNA), and American Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR). She was also awarded by Cairo University with The Incentive Award in Medical sciences-2008.
- Sahar Saleem published many original articles and reviews in several international journals, and co-authored chapters in several books of Radiology.
- As an expert in Education, Sahar Saleem co-authored chapters in 2 books on Radiology Education. Since 2011, Sahar also serves as the Scientific director of EgSR (Egyptian school of Radiology), a not-for-profit educational organization founded by the ESRNM (Egyptian Society of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine). In addition, she is an active editor and reviewer for multiple international medical journals.
- Prof. Sahar has special interest in paleopathology (The study of diseases in archaeology) and has several renowned publications on CT studies of the mummies of Pharaohs and Queens of Ancient Egypt.
Samar El Maadawy
- Dr. Samar El-Maadawy is a Lecturer of Radiology at the National Cancer Institute, Cairo University. She received her M.D from the Supreme Council of Universities in 2011 and Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists in 2010. She has moved to Dubai 7 years ago where she is currently a Specialist Senior Registrar at Latifa Hospital, Dubai Health Authority which is a pediatric and maternity hospital. She is also a Clinical Supervisor at Dubai Health Authority Radiology Residency Program. Her main field of interests are women’s, pediatric and oncology imaging.
- Dr. Sameh Hanna is a Professor of Radiology and Head of Urogenital Radiology Unit- Radiology department – Kasr El Aini Hospital – Faculty of Medicine – Cairo University – Egypt
He graduated in 1982 from Kasr El Aini School of Medicine at Cairo University, Egypt where he completed his internship and first radiology residency. Received his postgraduate training in radiology at Cairo University, Egypt and Necker Hospital – University of Paris, France. He has published many papers and 2 book chapters in the field of Urogenital Imaging. Also, he has been invited as guest speaker in several distinguished scientific meetings.
- He has been member of the SIGU: Société d’imagerie Génito-Urinaire, since 1994, member of European Society of Urogenital Radiology since 1999, member of SUR since 1997 and fellow of SAR (SUR) since 2001. Also, he is a member of the Egyptian Board of Radiology since 2007, member of the Board of the Egyptian Society of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine since 2011, member of the Egyptian Board for University Graduation of Assistant Professors of Radiology since April 2012. He is an Associate Editor for the Egyptian Journal of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine.
- Professor Morcos was a Consultant Radiologist at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Sheffield, UK from 1983 to 2011. Retired from hospital work on August 2011 but retains his association with the University of Sheffield as Emeritus Professor of Diagnostic Imaging.
- Professor Morcos was the President of the European Society of Urogenital Radiol.ogy (ESUR) from 2006-08 and Secretary/Treasurer from 2000 to 2004. He was the Secretary of the Contrast Media Safety Committee of the ESUR from 1994 to 2012.
- Professor Morcos was the associate editor of the British Journal of Radiology for more than 10 years and Deputy Editor of European Radiology from 2007 to 2010.
- He is a referee to many scientific journals.
- Professor Morcos research work has focused on the safety of contrast agents used for imaging with pioneering work in the field of the pathophysiology of contrast induced nephropathy (CIN) and nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF).
- He is the author of more than 150 scientific publications including many chapters in scientific textbooks and the Editor of two textbooks in Uroradiology.
- Professor Morcos is the recipient of the Flude Memorial Prize (1993), the Barclay Prize (1997), and the Barclay Medal (2004) of the British Institute of Radiology. His pioneering research work on the relation between gadolinium based contrast agents and the complication of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis was awarded the prize of the best scientific paper in the meeting of the Society of Uroradiology (SUR) in Florida, USA, in February, 2010.
Samir A Ghaffar
Sang Il Choi
- Associate Professor
- Director of CT Room and 3D lab ,Division of Cardiovascular Imaging ,Department of Radiology ,Seoul National University Bundang Hospital
- Seoul National University School of Medicine
- Officer for Quality Assurance, Asian Society of Cardiovascular Imaging (ASCI)
- Auditor,Korean Society of Cardiovascular Imaging (KOSCI)
- Secretary of Scientific Committee, Korean Society of Radiology (KSR)
- Vice Secretary General of Organizing Committee,Asian Society of Cardiovascular Imaging (ASCI) 2014
- Secretary General, Korean Society of Cardiovascular MRI (KSCMR)
Sara Kamal El Fawal
- Prof. Savvas Andronikou [MBBCh (Wits), FCRad (Diagn SA), FRCR (Lond), PhD (UCT)] is Professor at the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg and also visits the Universities of Pretoria and Cape Town. He supervises over 60 masters and PhD students and heads the radiology research group at Wits University. He has authored over 140 Medline indexed publications, 85 alternatively indexed research papers, 4 books and chapters in books. He was previously HOD of Radiology at Red Cross Children’s Hospital, Johannesburg Hospital and Tygerberg Hospital and he has held Chairs in Radiology at the Universities of Stellenbosch and Witwatersrand. He has received research awards from the College of Radiologists of South Africa, Stellenbosch University and University of the Witwatersrand. Other awards include scholarships of the Radiological Society of North America, the Derek Harwood Nash scholarship and Honorary Membership of the Society of Pediatric Imaging in 2013. He has served as councilor, secretary and is now president of the College of Radiologists of South Africa for a second term. He was also founding chairman of the South African Society of Pediatric Imaging and is the current president of the African Society of Pediatric Imaging. As chairman of the outreach committee of the World Federation of Pediatric Imaging he manages volunteer work for Medecins Sans Frontiers and runs a volunteer group of tele-readers. His main interests are brain and chest imaging in children with TB and HIV but education and training of radiologists and non-radiologists in image interpretation are his aspirations for the African continent.
- Prof. of Radiology, since 1996.
- Head Of Radiology Department Azhar University Hospitals Cairo, Egypt, since 2003.
Biography & Background:
- French Education 1956-1969.
- Fellow of St. Antoine University Hospital, ParisVI, France.1981-1982.
- Fellow of Showa University Hospital, Tokyo, Japan. 1990.
- Fellow of Hermann University Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA. 1996.
- Member of Egyptian, French, American, Japanese, Seoudian, and Pan Arab Association societies of Radiology.
- Member of CERF.
- Member of ASTARTE Senology, France, representing Egypt.
- Coordinator PAARS – SFR, middle east.
- Egyptian board of Radiology since 18 years.
- General Secretory of Egyptian Society of Radiology.
- General Secretory of Egyptian Society of Intervention Radiology.
Seham El Saadany
- Graduated from Universidad Nacional de Córdoba School ofMedicine(Argentina, 1992).
- Certification in Diagnostic Imaging (1996) and Interventional Radiology(1998).
- Associate Editor of “Revista Argentina de Radiología” (since 2011)
- Fellow of the Society of Interventional Radiology – SIR (2013)
- Director of Department of Interventional Radiology, Hospital de PediatríaJ.P. Garrahan, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- A comparison of three MDCT post-processing protocols: preoperative assessment of the ossicular chain in otitis media. European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology，10 March 2013. Published online.
- End-stage Labyrinthitis With Extensive Erosion ofthe Bony Labyrinth. Otology & Neurotology，2012,33：e53-e54
- Labyrinthine Sequestrum: Four Case Studies. Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery,2012,147(3)535-537
- 3D image of the middle ear ossicles: three protocols of post-processing based on mutislice computed tomography. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol,2011,268(5)677
- Another etiology for vertigo due to idiopathic lateral semicircular canal bony defect. Auris Nasus Larynx,2011,38:402-405
Shabnam Bhandari Grover
- Professor Radiodiagnosis, Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjang Hospital,( tertiary care Super Specialty Hospital)
- 33 years of experience in research, academic and clinical practice of Diagnostic & Interventional Radiology
- Life member of Professional Societies of Radiology, Neurology, Ultrasound & Pediatric Radiology
- 66 publications and 142 Guest Lectures ,69 Research presentations
- Recipient of various Gold Medals, Awards & Orations including KM Rai Memorial Oration, Arcot Gajraj Endowment Oration & Panna Lal Varshney Oration, Prof MS Dwivedi Oration and Commendation Award for Tsunami relief work in 2005 , elected to deliver the Dr NG Gadekar oration of IRIA , Jan 2015.
- On Editorial board & Reviewer of Indian Journal of Radiology & Imaging , Indian journal Medical Research, European Radiology
- Special interest is in Breast Imaging, Pediatric Radiology, Ultrasound & Gastro Intestinal Radiology.
Shadia Abou Sief
Shaikh Sayeed Iqbal
- Medical School and Potgraduation in radiodiagnosis from Government Medical College, Nagpur, India in 1999.
- FRCR ( Fellow Royal College Of Radiologists London) -The Royal College of Radiologists, London, U. K. May 2009
- Total of 16 years intensive experience in Radiology with specialization in MRI, Multislice CT scan.
- Presently working as Senior Specialist Radiology in Rashid Hospital & Trauma Centre, Dubai, UAE (JCIA Accredited ) from June 2005- Till Date.
- Rashid Hospital is busiest hospitals in Dubai, JCIA accredited with fully equipped radiology department with 1.5T latest MRI, three (64, 128,228 ) multi-slices CT Scan, Digital Xray, Statscan, Ultrasound. Total integerated PACS-RIS set up with filmless radiography.
- Previously worked as Specialist Radiology in King Fahd Central Hospital, Gizan , Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia from April 2002– April 2005
Scientific Presentations Publications:-
- Neuroimaging in Headache, article published in Arab Health –Imaging Diagnostics Magazine- issue 1 / 2012
- Diagnostic Radiology in acute trauma , presentation in CME Program titled Emergencies in Clinical Practice – 25th Mar 2011, organized by AKMG Dubai Chapter.
- “Extra pulmonary Tuberculosis- Radiological features” at Regional Radiology conference held at Nagpur in April 1997
- ” Application of MRCP ( Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography ) in Jaundice” at Radiology Update held in Jalgaon in March 2001
- “Wandering Spleen in young female “at Radiology conference in KFCH Gizan IN APRIL 2003.
Shaimaa Abdelsattar Mohammad
Shalini Thapar Laroia
Sherif G. Nour
- Primary appointments:
10/2009- present: Associate Professor of Radiology ,Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences ,Emory University School of Medicine,Atlanta, Georgia
- Joint and secondary appointments
- 10/2009- present: Associate Professor of Radiology ,Director, Interventional MRI Program ,Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences ,Divisions of Abdominal Imaging,Interventional Radiology and Image-Guided Medicine, Emory University Hospitals and School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia
Education and Professional Experience
- June,2012- September, 2012 : Visiting Scholar to Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- Nov,2011-until now : Section director in charge of neuroradiology and research
- Sept. 2007-Nov, 2011 : Associate director in charge of neuroradiology and research
- Sept. 2004-2007 : Attending doctor in charge of neuroradiology
- Sept. 1999-2004 : Resident ,Radiology Department ,Tianjin First Central Hospital
- Sept. 2000-2005 : Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, P. R. China
Department: Radiology and Nuclear medicine
Major: 5-Year Program
Academic degree: Master and Doctor of Medicine
- Sept. 1994-1999 : China Medical University, Shenyang, P. R. China
Department: Radiology and Nuclear medicine
Major: 5-Year Program
Academic degree: Bachelor of Medicine
- Have presented many topics in the monthly meet conducted by Indian Radiological and imaging association in Chennai, Bangalore and Cochin, India
- Delivered many lectures in Indian Medical association meetings in and around Perinthalmanna, Calicut and Tellicherry, India
- Guest lecture about “Interventions in spinal vascular lesions” in Kerala interventional neurology conference (KINCON) in June 2007. India
- Conducted Interventional radiology CME and given lecture on “ Neurointerventions’’ and “Interventions in Obstetrics and gynaecology” in Moulana hospital, Perinthalmanna India in May 2006.
- Guest lecture about “Exploring the enhancing rings” in BRACE- July 2008, Chennai, India
- Delivered a CME lecture about “ Basics of MRI & it clinical application in Conference hall, Zulekha hospital, Dubai, MOH accredition ID #0066 2011.
- Guest lecture about “Interesting Paediatric neuroradiology cases” in the Synapses CME programme conducted in Emirates towers, Dubai in November 2010.
- Participated as Panelist in the synapses CME programme conducted in Le Meridian hotel, Dubai in April 2011 for the topic of “Doppler ultrasound in Obstetrics”. MOH Accredition ID #0120 2011.
- Delivered lecture in Neurology synapses CME conducted in Le Meridian hotel, Dubai in October 2011 about ‘Clinico-radiological correlation of interesting neurology cases’.
- Gave lecture in synapses Radiology CME at Zulekha hospital, Dubai on 26th Feb. 2012.
- Delivered a CME lecture about “Virtual brain biopsy by MR spectroscopy” in sharjah university on 18/10/2012.
- Speaking Faculty and presented the topic ‘Exploring the enhancing rings in brain by advanced neuroimaging techniques’ on 29th January 2013 in the 13th Middle East medical imaging and diagnostic conference of Arab health, Dubai.
- S. Kollias is Professor of Radiology with specialization in Neuroradiology at the University of Zurich, Switzerland and Chief of the MRI section at the Institute of Neuroradiology of the University Hospital.
- He was trained in neuroradiology in US from 1990 to 1993, initially for one year at the University of California San Francisco (UCSF) and subsequently for two years at the Children’s Hospital Medical Center (CHMC), University of Cincinnati OH. He is member of several medical associations (ASNR, ISMRM) and group leader in the section of Biomedical Technology and Imaging of the Neuroscience Center Zurich (ZNZ) (www.neuroscience.unizh.ch).
- He authored more than 200 peer reviewed publications, reviews, letters and book chapters. He is co-editor of three books in the field of high resolution medical imaging. He is invited as a lecturer and faculty member is several international scientific conferences in the field of neuroradiology and medical imaging. His main interest is the applications of advanced magnetic resonance (MR) imaging technology in the diagnosis of neurologic diseases. His research is funded by competitive third-party funds from the Swiss National Foundation (SNF), other medical societies, and the industry. More info under: www.neuroscience.ethz.ch/research/biomedical_technology/kollias
Suhail Abdulla Al-Rukn
- Dr. Al-Rukn, graduated from Faculty of Medicine, UAE University. He did his neurology postgraduate studies at Montreal Neurology Institute, McGill University, Canada. He Pursed his Fellowship in Cerebrovascular disease and Stroke at Montreal General Hospital, Canada. He is interested in Acute Stroke intervention and Cerebral -imaging. Dr. Al-Rukn is the Founder and Coordinator of the GCC Stroke Group and the MENA Stroke Group. His interest research areas are acute stroke intervention and Headache. Currently Dr. AlRukn is the President of Emirates Neurology Society and Stroke Chapter.
- Designation: Professor & Head,
- Department: Department of Radiodiagnosis, Govt. Medical College & Hospital,
- Scientific Publications: 60 (International -39, National (indexed) – 21)
- Scientific Guest Lectures / Talks Delivered: 39 (International-6 & National)- (including SAARC, AFSUMB, ICR etc)
- Rotary International Group Study Fellowship to USA for outstanding young
professional, in 1996
- ‘Fellowship of Indian College of Radiology & Imaging’ (FICR ) in January 2014.
Important positions held:
- Vice President of ‘Indian Radiological & Imaging Association’ (IRIA)
- President of Punjab & Chandigarh branch of ‘Indian Radiological & Imaging Association’.
- Research Contributed: as Investigator in ICMR, DST, DBT, CGHS Research projects and Theses.
Areas of Interest
- Imaging of Acute Pancreatitis
- Imaging of Uterus & Ovaries, including Colour Doppler (Women’s Imaging)
- Imaging of Gastrointestinal Tuberculosis.
- Orbital imaging & Colour Doppler
- Breast Imaging
Suresh K. Mukherji
- Suresh K. Mukherji, MD, FACR received his M. D. degree from Georgetown University and completed a radiology residency at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA.
- He was a Neuroradiology Fellow, with emphasis on head and neck imaging, at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida from 1992-1994. His first faculty position was at the University of North Carolina from 1994-2001. He was then recruited as the Division Director of Neuroradiology at the University of Michigan in 2001 where he became tenured Professor of Radiology, Radiation Oncology, Otolaryngology Head Neck Surgery. He was also a Professor of Periodontics and Oral Medicine in the School of Dentistry. In 2013, he was recruited to become the Chairman of the Radiology Department at Michigan State University where he is Professor of Radiology and the Walter F. Patenge Endowed Chair.
- Dr. Mukherji is a recognized authority in Head & Neck and Neuroradiology and has been an active contributor to the neuroradiology literature by authoring over 300 scientific manuscripts, 60 book chapters and 12 textbooks. His primary interest have been focused on investigating emerging metabolic and physiologic imaging techniques to evaluate head and neck cancer and to differentiate recurrent tumors from post-therapeutic changes in previously treated patients. These technologies include imaging with fluoride oxyglucose analogues imaged with prototype Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography, Gamma Cameras, standard PET, and CT-PET. Other metabolic and physiologic imaging techniques he has investigated include Thallium-201, magnetic resonance spectroscopy, CT perfusion and CT spectral imaging.
Talal Ahmed Youssef Amer
- Lecturer of Radiodiagnosis , Genito-urinary Unit ,Department of Radiodiagnosis and Interventional radiology ,Faculty of Medicine ,Cairo University
- Tarek El-Diasty is currently a professor and chairman at the Radiology Department of the Urology and Nephrology center, Mansoura University.
- Born in Egypt in 1955, got his medical degree from Mansoura Faculty of Medicine in 1979, before embarking on a rotating internship and residency at the same institution, then receiving his Master degree in 1986 and doctorate in 1990. Ever since starting his career in radiology 33 years ago, Dr. El-Diasty has been committed to establishing the first full-time uroradiology department in Egypt.
- Dr. El-Diasty has focused his research on imaging of urinary bladder cancer, renal transplantation and interventional uroradiology. His work related to novel image techniques has earned him multiple awards, including National Prize of Excellence in Medical sciences, 2012. He has more than 100 peer-reviewed papers, 13 book chapters and 68 invited lectures. His work has been reported at several prestigious international conferences. Now serves as editor, advisory member and reviewer of many international and domestic academic journals. He is also a tireless educator and tutor, and to date more than 50 medical postgraduate students have completed their radiology degrees under his direct supervision.
- Dr. El-Diasty is the president of the Egyptian Radiological Society and due to his cooperation and his enormous contribution to international radiology, Egyptian communication with other radiological societies greatly accelerated. In recognition of his career achievements and outstanding contributions to the development of radiology in Egypt, and to international cooperation in radiology, Prof. El-Diasty has received ESR Honorary Membership in ECR 2013.
Theresa C. Mcloud
- Theresa C. McLoud, MD, is a pioneer in thoracic radiology and has led the way for innovations in improving radiologic education worldwide.
- A Boston native, Dr. McLoud received her BS degree from Boston College in 1964. After obtaining her MD degree from the McGill University Faculty of Medicine in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, she completed a thoracic imaging fellowship at the Yale University School of Medicine in New Haven, Connecticut, and soon became an assistant professor of diagnostic radiology at Yale. In 1976, she returned to Boston and joined Harvard Medical School where she has been professor of radiology since 1993. Dr. McLoud is the first woman in the department of Radiology at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston to hold the rank of professor at Harvard.
- Dr. McLoud served as the Divison Head of Thoracic radiology from 1982-2001 and she is currently Vice Chair for Education in the department of Radiology at the MGH.
- A world-renowned expert in thoracic imaging, Dr. McLoud has conducted more than 150 postgraduate courses and published more than 200 scientific papers, reviews, and book chapters. Her 1998 text now in its second edition, Thoracic Radiology: The Requisites (St. Louis, MO: Mosby), is a popular and comprehensive introductory work.
- In 2004, she was awarded the Gold Medal of the American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS), and in 2003 she received the Marie Curie Award, the highest honor bestowed by the American Association for Women Radiologists. She is also the recipient of the Gold Medal of the Society of Thoracic Radiology and the International Cancer Imaging Society and in 2013 she was awarded the Gold Medal of the Radiologic Society of North America. . She is past president of the Fleischner Society, the Society of Thoracic Radiology, and ARRS. She served as president of RSNA in 2008. She is an honorary member of the European Society of Radiology, and also the Spanish, Argentinian, Italian, Mexican,Australia – New Zealand and French societies of radiology and the Faculty of Medicine in Radiology of the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland.
Education & Training:
- 1983-1989: Medical School, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
- Graduation: M.D.;
- November 9, 1989 ,Residence, Department of Radiology, Medical University of Vienna, General Hospital ,since 1996 Board certified Radiologist
- 1996 – 1998 Fellowship, Department of Radiology Center for
- Pharmaceutical and Molecular Imaging (CPMI), University of California San Francisco, USA
- Since 2008 MSc and Professional MBA, Danube-University Krems
- since 1992 “Universitätslektor”; Medical University of Vienna
- 1998 – 2005 Staff Position, Department of Radiology; Medical University of Vienna
- 1998 – 2010 Faculty member (part time), Department of Radiology, Center for Pharmaceutical and Molecular Imaing (CPMI), University of California, San Francisco, USA
- 1999 – 2007 Tenure, Associate Professor of Radiology; Medical University of Vienna
- 2005 – 2007 Vice-Division Head; Department of Radiology; Surgical Diagnostic Division; Medical University of Vienna
- 2007 – 2008 Full Professor of Radiology
Director of the Breast Imaging Department
Department of Radiology (PMH/MSH/WCH)
University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Since 10.01.2008 Professor of Radiology
- Vice Chair, Department of Radiology ,Director of Molecular and Gender Imaging ,Medical University of Vienna
Center of excellence:
- Interventional thermal ablation procedures, such as
- Microwave ablation
- Laser-induced thermotherapy in liver, lung, bones, soft tissue
- Radiofrequency ablation in lung, bones
- MRI-guided procedures
- Vascular radiology
- Frankfurt liver cancer center
- Interventional task force:
- locoregional chemotherapy
- locoregional chemoperfusion
- percutaneous vascular reconstructions
- endograft design
- myoma embolization
- cardiac imaging
- hepatobiliary imaging
- head and neck radiology
- Member of different editorial boards in radiological and oncological journals such as Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Radiology, The Egyptian Journal of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, European Journal of Radiology, Pyhsica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics, Academic Radiology, Cancer Treatment communictions, Cancer Treatment Reviews, Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal, European Journal of Radiology Open, Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology, Clinical Colorectal Cancer, Translational Oncology, Lung Cancer, Clinical Breast Cancer, The Breast, European Urlology Clinical Lung Cancer, Radiotherapy and Oncology, Digestive and Liver Disease, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, Journal of Hepatology, European Journal of Cancer, The Lancet Global Health, The Lancet Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology, European Radiology, Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Radiographics, Fortschritte auf dem Gebiet der Röntgenstrahlen, Der Radiologe, Seminars in Interventional Radiology
- Frankfurt University Cancer Center
- Liver Cancer Center
- Colorectal Cancer Center
- Breast Cancer Center
- Vascular Cancer Center
- Professor Valentin Sinitsyn (MD, Ph D), born in Russia in 1961.
- Graduated from Sechenov Moscow Medical University in 1984.
- He serves as a Head of Radiology Department at Federal Center of Medicine and Rehabilitation (Moscow, Russia).
- He also has a position of Chair of Radiology at Medical Faculty of Moscow Lomonosov University, Moscow.
- He is one of pioneers of cardiac MRI and CT in Russia.
- His research interests are concentrated on cardiac imaging, abdominal radiology, contrast media, teleradiology and computer applications in radiology, teaching and training.
- Prof. Sinitsyn is a President of European Society of Cardiac Radiology (ESCR) and Past-President of European Congress of Radiology (ECR-2014).
- Не is a Board member of Russian Association of Radiologists (RAR) and Past-President of Russian National Congress of Radiologists (2011).
- He is member of ESR, ESCR, ESMRMB, ESGAR, RSNA, ISSSR.
- Vikram Dogra, MD was born in India and is currently Professor of Radiology, Urology and Biomedical Engineering at the University of Rochester New York. He is also affiliate professor at Rochester Institute of Technology. He has taught and trained hundreds of radiology residents and trained many fellows in radiology from, United states, Egypt, India, China, Sri Lanka, Mexico, Turkey and Israel.
- Dr. Dogra has 150 peer-reviewed articles, 200 scientific presentations and 30 book chapters to his credit.
He has delivered 115 national and international invited lectures including lectures at Harvard, Columbia, Cornell and Case Western university.
- Dr. Dogra has been honored by the Turkish Radiology Society as an honorary member of the Turkish Radiology and Ultrasound society. He is the only radiologist to have received this honor for his contributions to Turkish radiology. He is also the honorary member of the Cordoba – Argentina society of radiology. Dr. Dogra has received many teacher of the awards,
- Dr. Dogra is fellow of ESUR, AIUM, and Ex SUR now SAR.
- Dr. Dogra occupies many national and international leadership positions and is member International Visiting Professor Program committee of RSNA.
- He is also board examiner for the American Board of Radiology in Ultrasound and also Examiner in Radiology for Aga Khan University Nairobi, Kenya.
- Dr. Dogra has 8 books of Radiology to his credit. Including two volume radiology pathology correlation of GU pathologies published by Springer- London.
- Dr. Dogra is founder and Editor of Ultrasound Clinics published by Elsevier Science and Journal of Clinical Imaging Science.
He has two basic science research labs at university of Rochester and owns worldwide patents on photo-acoustic imaging and Robotically controlled HIFU for hemotasis.
- Radiology consultant – Egyptian military medical academy
- Head of intervention radiology unite,El Galaa military hospital
- Radiology consultant at Egyptian insurance hospitals
- He was born in Algeria, did all his undergrad education in Egypt, he finished the first medical school (MBBCH) in Egypt 1997. Two years after his graduation, he gained Master in Medical sciences from the Free University of Brussels, (VUB) Belgium.
- He had the second medical school in Belgium from the VUB with distinguishing degree (EU equivalent MD degree).
- He did his residency in the university hospitals of VUB (UZ- VUB), thereafter he became a certified radiologist in Belgium (EU equivalent degree) in 2006.
- During his residency, he worked on PhD from the VUB, where he gained it at shortly before the end of his residency. He did a fellowship in abdominal imaging and cross imaging intervention in University of Michigan -Ann Arbor. He joined as a staff in U. Mich- Ann Arbor for a short period before he joined University of Ottawa as assistant professor in department of diagnostic imaging since Nov. 2007.
- Professor of Radiodiagnosis, Ain Shams University, Cairo.
- Former Fellow of Radiology University of Tennessee, and Yale university, USA
- Consultant and CEO of “Misr Radiology Center”
- Chairman of the board of “Misr Magnetic Resonance Center”
- Board Member of the “Egyptian Society of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine”
- Board Member of the “Councils of the Arabic and Egyptian Board Fellowships”
- Supervised about 105 between master degree and doctorate degree thesis
- Shared in more than 80 paper publications and books
- Over 200 presentations in different symposia and meetings including RSNA, ECR, and ICR
- Chairman of the Scientific Program Committee and Secretary General of ICR2014
- After receiving his undergraduate and medical degrees from Dartmouth College and Medical School, he trained in internal medicine at Penn State in Hershey PA. He completed his radiology residency at the University of North Carolina, serving as chief resident his final year. He practiced interventional and diagnostic radiology as a member of Catawba Radiological Associates for nearly 30 years.
- Dr. Thorwarth became actively involved with the American College of Radiology in 1987, initially at the state and subsequently at the national level. After initially being involved in the development of ACR Standards (now Practice Parameters and Technical Standards), he shifted his emphasis to Economics and Health Policy, chairing the Committee on Coding and Nomenclature while also assuming the position of ACR advisor to the AMA Relative Value System Update Committee (RUC). He was then elected to the ACR Board of Chancellors where he chaired the Commission on Economics for 5 years before assuming the role of ACR President from 2003-2004.
- In addition to the ACR activities, Dr. Thorwarth was appointed to the AMA Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Editorial Panel in 1999, which oversees the CPT coding process, and was appointed as Chairman of the Panel beginning October 2007, concluding that service in June 2011.
- Dr. Thorwarth served on the Advisory Board to the Institute of Clinical and Economic Review (ICER), a nationally renowned body performing Clinical Effectiveness Research.
- He has also been active in the RSNA, chairing the “Visionaries in Practice” fund raising program for the RSNA Research and Education Foundation. He was appointed to the R and E Foundation Board of Trustees in 2006 and more recently to the RSNA Board of Directors where he served as Liaison for Publications and Communications until assuming his current position with the ACR.
Xiaoyuan Feng, MD
- Professor Feng, Xiaoyuan，Vice President of Fudan University, President of Chinese Society of Radiology and Chairman of Radiology Department ofHuashan Hospital, Fudan University.
- He also sits on Editor-in-chief of Chinese Computed Medical Imaging, Deputy editor-in-chief of Chinese Journal of Radiology, He is amember of Executive Committee of International Society of Radiology and Vice President of International Society of Strategy Study of Radiology
- Prof. Feng gained the third prize of 3th national medical academic congress organized by Chinese Medical Association and the Ministry of Public Health, achieved the title of “Chinese Doctor’s Degree gainer with prominent contribution” from the National Education committee & the State Council Academic Degree Committee and got the award of “Outstanding Doctor of Teaching, Supervising and Service in Education”from the Ministry of Public Health.
- His main research direction is new imaging technology in clinical application and neuroradiology. He is also oneof the earlier domestic research experts in magnetic resonance, carrying out magnetic resonance brain function research early in China, provided great research achievements in the early diagnosis of cerebrovascular disease. He has published more than 100 papers.
Yasser A Azim Abbas
- Consultant Radiologist (CT and MRI) in several private hospitals and Radiology center in Egypt, Saudia Arabia, United Arab of Emirates since 1993 up till now.
- Co-owner of Misr Radiology private center in Cairo (since 1997 up till now).
- MR research fellowship : University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, U.S.A. 1989-1991.
- Visiting staff radiologist to several Radiology departments specially the MR sections in U.S.A, England, Germany, Holland and Switzerland.
- Attending more than 50 conferences and courses specially in MRI allover the world.
- Providing more than 100 various lectures and conference presentations allover the world specially in Egypt and Arab centuries, yet also once at RSNA, ISMRM and ESMRMB.
- Supervision of more than 50 M.Sc and PH.D theses in Radiology at Ain Shams University specially MR topics.
- Chair of neuroradiology scientific committee in most of national and international Radiology conferences in Egypt for the past 10 years.
Yasser Abdelrazek Mohamed
Yasser Safi Ali
- Membership in Professional associations and broads
- Societe Francaise de radiologie (SFR)
- College des Enseignants de radiologie de France (CERF). (French Academic Radiologist’s College)
- Societe D’emagerie Abdominale et digestive(SIAD)
- European Society of Radiology (ESR) , Member Executive Council (ongoing)
- Member of the ECR PPC from 2003 to 2010
- Chairman of the Congress Committee 2010-2011
- Chairman of the Professional and Organization Committee (POC), from 2011 to 201
- European Congress of Radiology (ECR) – President ECR 2011
- European Board of Radiology (EBR) – Scientific director from 2013
- European Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology (ESGAR)
- Member Executive Committee since 1997
- President ESGAR 2009-2011
- Past President & Programme Committee Chairman ESGAR 2011-2013
- Radiological Society of North America ( RSNA ) – Honorary Member (2011)
- European Society of Molecular And Functional Imaging (ESMOFIR)
- European Society of Oncologic Imaging – Member of the Board
Zeinab Abdel Aziz
Zhe han Toh
- My past training (board certified in both neurology and radiology with subspecialty qualification in neuroradiology) and 31 years of clinical along with many years of academic and teaching experience are my principal assets as a clinical investigator, researcher and mentor.
Over my professional career my main areas of interest have been cerebrovascular diseases (in particular conventional and MR neuroangiography), neurometabolic disorders (in particular the comprehensive MRI evaluation of CNS involvement, including DWI and MRS), multimodality quantitative parametric imaging in neuro-oncology and imaging in epilepsy. Currently, I focus on a.) The phenomenon of diaschisis in the central nervous system and its clinical implications, b.) Conventional as well as quantitative MR-based analysis of diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomas (and some other brain tumors in children, such as gliomatosis cerebri and thalamic gliomas), and c.) imaging genomics in embryonal tumors of the central nervous system (including medulloblastoma and ATRT).
Administratively, I work towards creating a stimulating, inspiring environment for my senior and junior colleagues in the Section of Neuroimaging and encourage them to develop a healthy balance between a rewarding clinical experience and innovative research, independent and collaborative. I am also interested in developing IT solutions to enhance the efficiency and quality of clinical radiology operations.
I have always cultivated a distinguished passion for teaching and sharing knowledge with others. I have been a successful mentor, recognized by more than 150 invited lectures at major national and international meetings and courses. I have been involved in resident and fellow training in neuroradiology for 18 years.
Positions and Employment
- 1982-1984 Resident in Neurology, Department of Neurology, St. Stephen Hospital, Budapest, Hungary
- 1984-1987 Resident in Neurology, Department of Neurology, Central Military Hospital, Budapest, Hungary
- 1987-1989 Resident in Radiology, Department of Radiology, Central Military Hospital, Budapest, Hungary
- 1989-1992 Resident in Radiology, Department of Radiology A, Pasteur Hospital, Colmar, France
- 1992-1994 Assistant Professor in Neuroradiology, Department of Radiology, Erasmus Hospital, Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
- 1994-1997 Chief, Department of Neuroradiology, Central Military Hospital, Budapest, Hungary
- 1997-2001 Consultant Neuroradiologist, Department of Radiology, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- 2001-2006 Section Head of Neuroradiology, Department of Radiology, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- 2007-present Head, Section of Neuroradiology, Department of Radiological Sciences, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN